Big jugs

GoldenMotor.com

ckangaroo70

May 13, 2011
Central Illinois
Large jugs? Sorry...was expecting to see something different here. lol

Really don't know why you couldn't go with the larger displacement jug. I think the lower ends are basicly the same on most all the china girls and I would assume the cranks the same, but perhaps more research is in order

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The stud spacing is not the same, I don't have the specs but I do know my 48cc's and the one 66cc are different.

Mouse

Jan 1, 2016
Harrisburg
Is there any one who could help me with finding a faster reliable motor ? I'd like to go35-45mph without going wide open on the throttle. And can I modify the existing motor to do that?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
There are a lot of modifications that will increase speed, porting done right is one. Adding a expansion chamber is another, changing rear sprockets from a stock 44t to something with less teeth will increase top speed but cuts hill climbing ability. If you do upgrades do one thing at a time, that way you'll know if what you did helped or hurt performance.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Yes a jackshaft kit will help, here in Georgia a multi-speed moped is not legal so you might want to check your state laws.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
Mouse, getting a bike to do those speeds is not a problem. Doing those speeds safely is the real issue. You are asking for motorcycle performance from a bicycle, so that bike and all of it's components must be up to the task. I'm guessing that about 75% of your budget and efforts should go into building a solid bicycle foundation to bring it up to manufactured moped standards.

Mouse

Jan 1, 2016
Harrisburg
Is there any one who could help me with finding a faster reliable motor ? I'd like to go35-45mph without going wide open on the throttle. And can I modify the existing motor to do that?
Really disappointed that Gruber doesn't make motors any more. A Gruber was my first motor and I never had an issue. Since then only problems with every 2 stroke I bought . Now I have a gx120 I want to put on a bike with a torque converter. But I can't find just the torque converter like on the 212 predator kit that will line up with my back sprocket. Any advice on finding one?