Maybe a scooter to build????

GoldenMotor.com

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
I have been looking at Kymco scooters. They use what resembles a 20" balloon bike wheel. There are plastic high performance BMX wheels out there and think I may have one if it isn't 16". A scooter tub can hide a plethora of ugly crap and I could use one of my light motorcycle forks, like Ceriani and the Motobecane rear coilovers. I could finally put my UGLY Kohler 8 hp golf cart motor with the starter/generator to work. It has a Comet VST on it too. Some go kart caliper disc brakes wouldn't be too hard to do on the plastics. I need to use up some of the glass, graphite, and Kevlar cloth before I die and the auctioneer sells it off for pennies on the dollar. I have previously done Styrofoam bucks and glassed successfully. I know this time to not use an air gun to get grindings off my skin, and use a vacuum. At 73 I have to get realistic about winding up my operations eventually while I can get a reasonably close figure of what my toys are worth. I am sitting on bushel baskets full of model airplane and boat motors, some of which are antique sparkers worth over $200 each and 6 pulse jets that are worth more than that. While B.O. is in power, it isn't the right time though. however, before it's over, we may be trading them off for food..flg.

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
Yeah-It keeps my brain from fermenting while I am out of work. I am too broke to work on my Lotus 7 clone build so this is a fun exercise. Check out my rear ender from Hades thread. It is probably the most challenging project I ever came up with. I keep painting myself into corners and figuring how to take off in the new direction. The longer it takes to put a new idea into operation, the better the final application is. I was trying to figure if I wanted to pay for some 1/8" plate for a motor mount, and ended up using some of the 16 ga. left over from the Lotus project. It is lighter and made me use some sexy gussets and bends to make it rigid enough. I am just putting one foot in front of another on that bird. I am just too stubborn and proud to quit. It is going to be kinda cute when I get through. I will have a scoot with a 1910 Pierce style front fork and a sprung rear fork using an inverted front fork acting on an internal spring in the stem against the seat post and a lower swingarm pivoting off keyed peddle levers in tubes in a shaft hanger bracket. It will have a kickstarter and VST.
I like your bike. Where did you find an expansion chamber for what I assume to be a 70cc? Could you measure it out and give me the measurements offline? It's real poor around here especially since I replaced the purge blower on the central heat/air yesterday for $275. I used to make expandos and hot shoes for friends.KW
[email protected]

Last edited: