Cruzzer - Whizzer "Manual Clutch" question

GoldenMotor.com

4you2eat

Oct 27, 2012
Spring Texas
Cruzzer - Whizzer Harley Project - Questions - Sharing

I'm just getting started on a bike build. I got the Cruzzer / Whizzer kit today and Im not sure about the clutch. It is the "Manual Clutch" linked below
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Manual-clutch-fits-the-reproduction-Whizzer-motorbikes-/321180194491

My question is this ... How do I set it up? Is the silver bracket / holder for the cable and you mount it to the seat post and somehow mount the cable to the arm which will allow the primary belt to slip ?? Im seeing the kit DOES come w/ a "clutch cable" and I have located it. Im not sure as to the setup. I have not found any pics or clear directions on the setup.

The instructions refer to a clutch cable yet the kit I got the left lever has wires for a brake light setup. The instuctions and the videos on the website do not appear to address this clutch.

This is the first of what Im sure will be many questions. I have googled and googled and I have not found anything ( on this site or Cruzzer website )

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Yes, the cable fits into the vertical groove in the arm to pull it downward, and the conduit clamps to the seat post tube below the arm in the bright plated bracket provided. Obviously the other end of the cable attaches to the lever on the handlebars. A couple of clamps to secure the cable to the frame and you're ready to install the return spring. The spring provides the tension by attaching to the arm and pulling it up to the frame just behind the seat post clamp. When the clutch lever is pulled, it arcs the double pulley down and slightly forward, releasing the belts simultaneously. Start with the rear wheel to get the pedal chain correct and install the rear pulley and tighten the axle nuts. Loop the final drive belt over the inside groove of the double pulley and the primary belt in the outer groove and the flywheel pulley on the engine. That's the basic configuration and now you can put some tension on the spring with it's adjuster and move the engine forward or backwards to tighten both belts at once. A few fine adjustments and you will be ready for a test ride. Remember the belts will settle in and need further adjustment soon. The rear belt, being longer, stretches more than the front. Another important feature of this clutch is the cover adjustment. When the clutch is engaged it keeps the belts from blossoming out in the middle and riding on the pulleys. A properly adjusted belt set should allow you to stop and idle without creeping forward. I hope this helps.

Last edited: