Paint inside the cylinder

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
It's all good, rackemblue! :)
That was more if an informative post for any noobs that might be reading this post.
I was not trying to pick on you.
You added an excellent bit of advice to this thread!

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh.You couldn't pick on me if you wanted to. I am a 69 year old retired from Harley Davidson Dealer ship with 26 years of working on motorcycles. All most ever brand you can think of. I have just two months of working on building motorized bicycles. i have built three so far a friction drive, a 80/66 2 stroke cruiser, and a HS 142F 4 stroke cruiser. So I am just doing the bicycle builds to keep from getting rusty. LOL I am glad to help with suggestions and thankful for any advice I can receive because no matter what your experience you never quit learning.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
funny how bicycles are so much different from motorcycles. then you see CCC, sportscarpat ect go way back to the early years of motorcycle/bicycle's. worked on motorcycles my whole life but i still cant put together a coaster brake right. duh??

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Brake fluid will deslove dried paint in only a few hours.
.duh.You'r right Nikasil is a nickle and silacon mixture like chrome lining and that's why you do not want to scratch it. I was not aware that you were talking about a nikasil lineing in the cylinder, But brake fluid will take the paint off without damage to the lineing. Just trying to be helpful. I have used brake fluid as a paint stripper for many metal surfaces and it works great without damage to the metal surfaces.
Thanks for the idea and your input.. I'll keep it 'on file' in the back of my head for future reference. I haven't got any on the shelf just now, but odds are one of my neighbours does... he rebuilds classic/60's Mustangs.. if there's anything I need, he likely has it or a work-around for it.