HELP ! Clutch Exploded I Think , pics incl.

GoldenMotor.com

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
The clutch shaft does Not have to be pulled to change a clutch out!
Changing out a clutch is an easy quick task if you have the puller and the right sized socket 19 mm? for the nut.

If you send a polite email to BGF with a pic you will get a replacement.
I think it's a 22mm (7/8") wrench for the larger hex 'bolt' area, and 14mm for the screw., but I agree, I've replaced my clutch assembly several times and it only takes a few minutes, especially after the first time. the only part thats remotely difficult is if you strip the gear puller (screw it in all the way by hand and dont cross-thread, lube will help), and the half-moon key may slip out when reinstalling. Judging from the images, your clutch bearings blew apart. Yet another BGF motor bites it, strange how these guys seem to constantly be selling bad motors? But no, the clutch shaft doesnt need to be removed (even if it did, its as easy as beating the crap out of it with a hammer, you dont need to split the case). I've had my motor torn completely apart 3x now, and my clutch/sprocket are misaligned slightly due to the fact that there's nothing but the pressure of the bearings and the press-fit of the clutch/sprocket and M14 nuts holding it in.

hartmut

Nov 2, 2013
Venice, Fl
I cannot help you with your clutch but being also in Venice Fl. I would like to meet with you in order to exchange views on our motorized bicycles. I have mounted a 2 stroke engine on an old raleigh bicycle.