Tricking Peddle Only Riders

GoldenMotor.com

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here is something I like to do. When I see a peddle only rider on an expensive bike trying to go fast down a hill, I get a lot of speed up. Then I let off the throttle and start peddling before I get to them. My momentum carries me past them and they think another peddle only bicycle passed them.

I think this would really be funny if some of our cruiser riders did this. LOL. Just imagine someone on a $2000+ road bike thinking they just got passed by a cruiser bike.

Last edited:

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Here is something I like to do. When I see a peddle only rider on an expensive bike trying to go fast down a hill, I get a lot of speed up. Then I let off the throttle and start peddling before I get to them. My momentum carries me past them and they think another peddle only bicycle passed them.

I think this would really be funny if some of our cruiser riders did this. LOL. Just imagine someone on a $2000+ road bike thinking they just got passed by a cruiser bike.
Yes that is quite fun especially if your going uphill and passing them:)

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Yes its fun passing them going up hill but they can hear you coming. When going down hill and you let off the throttle before you get to them they don't hear you. That's how you trick them.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
we have the iron man triathlon here every year. we get riders from all over the world. this is the last qualifier for the Hawaii championship... anyway like any Caribbean Island it is all mountains here. its hard to tell that my cruiser is electric as it is. battery in a bag and hub motor. anyway i like to take this big bike with scwalbe fat franks on it and pass them going up a mountain. they are going fast as they can and i blow past them pedaling like mad doing around 24mph and say "pedal harder boys" usually i hear a "WHAT THE *&*&". The guy at the bike shop loves it. he says he has riders come in talking about the over weight old man on the beach cruiser that pedals all over the island. he says he dosn't say a thing but laugh. he says he knows which ones have no idea it is electric because they will never say they were passed

bowljoman

Aug 7, 2010
Wa
Effortlessly passing a peddle bike on my way into town while the ridder huffs and puffs. Awesome.

Stopping for every stop sign and obeying traffic laws while the peddle bike blows through them all and invents his own rules. Hilarious..

Effortlessly passing the same peddle bike on highway out of town , even though he took every effort to get ahead by breaking the law, PRICELESS.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
There's several places I ride here in Tennessee where I never see peddle only riders. That's because there's 30% grade multiple rolling hills. There's one place I see them going down but never see them coming up. This location is in Kodak Tennessee; the grade is around 7% but its 6 miles long.

To conclude: I feel its healthier to use gas instead of steroids to ride these hills here in Tennessee.