I need the help of knowledgeable of Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

GAS+RIDEZ

Mar 31, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hi I need to now if a Whizzer from 2004,will be a good investment because I have a Skyhawk 2 Stroke Motor Bike and I like it much but I would like to take the next step to 4 Stroke,currently there is a person selling one in $ 1000 and have not seen it but the person said it only has 250 miles runs,you think if it's worth buying for that price if when I see it is in good condition,thanks in advance.

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi I need to now if a Whizzer from 2004,will be a good investment because I have a Skyhawk 2 Stroke Motor Bike and I like it much but I would like to take the next step to 4 Stroke,currently there is a person selling one in $ 1000 and have not seen it but the person said it only has 250 miles runs,you think if it's worth buying for that price if when I see it is in good condition,thanks in advance.
The pic of the Whizzer is 2005 or 06 NE not WC-1, thats good. price goes from $500 to $2500, just depends what's been done or what needs to be done. This one looks good. Best of luck my friend.

Ray

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hey MM how to you now is 05 ,06,Ad man said to be 04 and what is the difference in the years,Thanks
The pic you have is of a blue whizzer, first blue whizzer was in the year 2000, WC-1 motor, with 24" wheels. 2nd blue whizzer was in 2005 new edition, NE motor. the pic is new edition whizzer. the last year of the WC-1 whizzer was 2004.

Ray

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
gas, ray know's his stuff. their is a big difference in the 04 and the 05 motors being the 05+ are better one's. their's a id vin on the neck for the year and model. ray [mason-man] will set you up with what to look for. great guy and my friend, shh.. dont say anything but i think he has one of every whizzer built, old and new. and yes he ride's them. dennis. see he posted wile i was typing

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hi KC do you sell 4-Stroke motor and Motorized Shifter alone.Thanks
Nope. I sell 4-stroke motors and shift kits installed on bikes like this.

SickBikeParts.com sells the shift kits, some of the motor vendors you see ads for here sell the motors.

GAS+RIDEZ

Mar 31, 2011
Puerto Rico
Hello Ray I am part of the WHIZZER family now, I've been reading all of Whiz Inf. I found in this forum and the other to understand more about this wonderful machines and I have the first question on the pulleys, when accelerated the front pulley slips buy it new and now the back slips,how I can fix this and of course some pictures to encourage all of the crew to answer,Thanks.brnot

Attachments

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hello Ray I am part of the WHIZZER family now, I've been reading all of Whiz Inf. I found in this forum and the other to understand more about this wonderful machines and I have the first question on the pulleys, when accelerated the front pulley slips buy it new and now the back slips,how I can fix this and of course some pictures to encourage all of the crew to answer,Thanks.brnot
Welcome to Whizzer!! and that Blue is beautiful.
If the front belt is good, then remove the chain from the back wheel, loosen the brake arm and wheel, you can pull the wheel back some more to tighten up the belt, if the chain gets to short, add a link or half link.
If that doesn't work you need a new back belt.

Ray

Last edited:

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi guys, I use a different approach to the belts. Set your rear wheel so that the chain is correct tension, and that the wheel is straight in the chain stays.
Now, with the bike's compression release in the engaged position, the compression of the engine will make loose belts slip, slowly push the bike forward and look to see which belt slips.

If it is the front belt, loosen the lower nut, and slide the engine forward till the belt is tensioned. Now, push again, and see which one slips, if front, repeat, if rear, then make 2 wedges, slide one in the rear from the belt side, slide the 2nd wedge in from the chain side, and place it up against the engine, so that the motion of the wedge does not scar the paint on the set tube.

Now loosen the TOP nut, and gently drive the chain side wedge in until the belt is tight enough, tighten top nut and you are tensioned.

Take it for a ride, and expect that the belts may streach in a bit, if so repeat the needed steps above as needed.

This method will work with all Whizzers, new edition, and the American Whizzers.

Mike

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
The new edition whizzer is American....America is across the Globe, that happen after World War II.
I like a simple approach to the problem with the belt, it's usually the front belt that does the slipping,if this happens it might be a good ideal to get the belt tensioner to fix that problem.
You can get it from www.whizzer.com or call them at 877-944-9937.
here's what it will look like,this pic has the balance and lighten flywheel by Bill Green,this is also a big improvement to our little motors

Ray

Attachments

GAS+RIDEZ

Mar 31, 2011
Puerto Rico
let's go with the free advice of SMB and if not resolved will go with the belt tensioner of mason man,is this common in these models of Whizzer or is mine,and where to buy lighten flywheel.Thanks

Victor

Attachments

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi Guys, I realize that I've not been around for a while, and many of you might not know me.

I became a Dealer for the Whizzer Motorbike Company Carrollton Texas in summer of 2005, I am Dealer #391. From this point I can
assure you that all the bikes I bought, shipped to me to sell, and all the parts I cheerfully bought from LaLone and Company,
were made in the Republic of Taiwan.

The company, which moved from Huntington beach CA area to Texas, is indeed American, but the engineering and manufacturing were not.

Conversely, my 1946 modified H, and my stock 1947 H are definitely American Made., as are our EZM drives, tho not the remainder of the kit.

I do have, and have used the belt adjusters, they can be a help, especially on the roadside, altho my new twin wedges make on the
side of the road correct adjustments rather easy also.

I have tried many ways to adjust the belts on my Whizzers, and when I had assembled the '46 from a whole pile of pieces, Ted Lusher was kind
enough to walk me through the steps I have described above. John Acetolla was kind enough to give me a pair of his special hard plastic
wedges, which work far better than the single wooden wedge that Dave Lalone had told me to make.

Anyways, I hope the adjustment scheme helps you-all, and if you find your selves in NorCal, you might want to join us at
either our spring or fall Whiz-in?

The club website is www.westcoastwhizzers.com

Mike

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
I wasn't aware that any of the original owners went to Texas, if that is what you are saying.
The company in Huntington Beach Ca. that made a kit, and called it Whizzer, did so without the consent of the person who own Whizzers trademark name.

A friend of mine said he was going to make some of the parts for the the kit, when he did a patent search, he found that there was a person that still own the trademark name.
The kit that was made, was made illegally.

When WhizzerUSA bought the Huntington Beach company for the kit, then also had to buy the trademark name from the person in Indiana.

The last time I talked to Terry McAllister, just before his passing, he and Audrey where on the rode to the east coast to pick up one of these kit.

I also know some of the first Whizzer Dealers here in LA and Orange County, where WhizzerUSA was also in the first years.
I have had my Whizzers from 1999, so i have seen all the phases that have gone on with them, and all the bad mouthing the WC-1's have endured.

Alot of my help has come from the vintage Whizzer guys who make Whizzer parts for the vintage Whizzers.
I have 3, for now, so i know about the methods.

Gas-Ridez, i talked to Bill Green yesterday i can give you his phone number and you can call him to work out the details for the flywheel, let me know and i can PM you.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited: