Bicycle car!

GoldenMotor.com

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
Hello, more ambitious project, something that is on my horizon, it would be an optimal design with an electric motor assist, where space would not fail to condition the batteries. Friend has the details of construction?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I just got an Email FW about US refineries shutting down.
If I got it, so did a buncha other people!

We'll probably be seeing more efforts in the mini-bicycle-car realm, this summer.

Thanks for the links!

and I'll look up that charley mochet, too!

Best
rc

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
RicksRides,
The chap that Silverbear and I got our motors from built one. Same colour as the one in the museum.
He said that there was someone making the bodies so he bought one and built the rest.

It looked great and he had the body powder coated. If you want I'll PM you his contact information and you can get ahold of him if you have any questions.

It is a worthy project.

Steve.

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
RicksRides,
The chap that Silverbear and I got our motors from built one. Same colour as the one in the museum.
He said that there was someone making the bodies so he bought one and built the rest.

It looked great and he had the body powder coated. If you want I'll PM you his contact information and you can get ahold of him if you have any questions.

It is a worthy project.

Steve.
Steve that would be great, It will be a while before I can start this but I think it'd be cool just to upset the locals by plating it and driving really slow everywhere.. lol

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Max350,
Sorry, I forgot that your stuck with the 250W and the pedlac system. Probably has to be 3 wheels as well so you can say that it's a trike like it is here..

Steve.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
I have come over copies of original drawings for the Swedish bicycle car "Phantom" it is from 1944, the job description is in Swedish. so anyone who wants to read it, must learn Swedish! :)

Attachments

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
I like the velomobiles and faired recumbents. If I built one, it would probably be a tadpole trike with a fabric bubble-top (pull over the bike and lock) and a couple storage bins.

DareDevil

Apr 29, 2012
Australia
Hi.. Cycle cars were big in England and Europe from the 1900s to just after 2 nd world war..there were hundred's of different companys...one come to mind Morgan....DD

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Hi.. Cycle cars were big in England and Europe from the 1900s to just after 2 nd world war..there were hundred's of different companys...one come to mind Morgan....DD
morgan is a micocar it does not have a way to be human powered

microcar=motor power only

cycle cars are much larger then a cycle cart
microcar is smaller then a cyclecar
velomobile=human powered

cyclecar

cyclecart

http://cyclekarts.com/CycleKart.html
velomobile