Best gearbox to replace hoot

GoldenMotor.com

bdial

Jun 3, 2011
Easton, Maryland
I have an HS 4 stroke with the "new" single chain hoot. I keep burning up clutches. I would like to replace the hoot with a good gearbox...durability is more important than price. I understand that my motor has a short shaft and that limits my possibilities. I've researched the forums and haven't really found a good answer to my question. Don't mind being contacted by vendors if there is an answer to my problem.

Last edited:

bdial

Jun 3, 2011
Easton, Maryland
The gearbox is the single chain hoot (new hoot) and I'm told it's 3:1 or 4:1. Rear sprocket is 44T (Grubee GT1 bicycle). I think I'm burning up the clutches because I don't run the motor wide open. I live in a small village and use the bike for cruises around town and to the post office, etc. I think the centrifugal clutch never fully engages.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I agree with Aleman, the 4G would be the best choice imho and would further bug bicycle-engines.com a bit more as they used to sell them stand alone not too long ago. I've had no probs with them and would recommend you give them another try.....it's worth a try, good luck.

dnut