Help me out guys, What Helmet?

GoldenMotor.com

kevinkrg6

Jun 3, 2011
ohio
Any help is appreciated guys.

Wanna be safe of course, but wanna look cool brnot

This bike Is Not Mine, but it's the same model. I have a Standard Finish Grubee though.
Schwinn Landmark:

So what helmet?

I was thinkin one of these:

or this:

or a standard Sports biker helmet:

Should I be looking for a Black Helmet?

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
IMO, the first one you posted looks good.

As a longtime bicyclist, been motorvated since 2006, I will say this:
How good can you look on a bicycle? And a subject of another thread - "how cool can you be with pedals"?

It's all relative really. Of course how you look has liitle to do with how much you know - and that's all relative too
Get a helmet that is safe and is comfortable, who cares how others see you, as long as they do whilst being a cager? :D

We might not all be rocking an eagle from the tip of a cheap flag holder on our helmets like Sheldon Brown, but we're all unique! Motorvated n all!

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have a small one but after seeing a picture on here after a guy dumped his...I'm getting a full helmet. If he had a small one his jaw would have been really messed up. With that said I would go with the last one. Cool or not.

Its kind of like a saying we have in my Jeep club. Chrome won't get you home! In other words don't worry about the shinny chrome, worry about having what you need to get through the stuff on the trails.

A cool looking helmet looks good but remember why you want a helmet. Protection. When my daughter was a nurse in the ER they all called motorcyclist without helmets "Organ Donors"!

Terry

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just a side note. A helmet also lets cars know your on more then a bicycle. No kidding, I can tell the difference when on rare occasions I ride with out one. Cars and trucks will pull out thinking your doing 10 MPH when your doing 30+

Not for nothing but really like the helicopter ones like your first pic. There are a bunch on ebay with both a clear and shaded visor. I wear an old looking foam filled one. It saved me once already! Face plant deal that could have been real bad with out one! Ya also enjoy the ride way more if you feel safer.

Was $25 and 30 shipping but had it for a while.

A cool looking helmet looks good but remember why you want a helmet. Protection. When my daughter was a nurse in the ER they all called motorcyclist without helmets "Organ Donors"!

Terry
Ayup Terry! On donor cycles. After my lil crash, those expressions scare the tar outa me.

Last edited: