Carburetor bushing failures

GoldenMotor.com

dmarti01

Jun 22, 2011
Connecticut
I built a motorized mountain bike during the spring using a 48cc two stroke kit from King Motor Bikes. I worked through a lot of problems but everything is pretty solid now except for one issue: The plastic bushing that adapts the carburetor to the intake tube seems to be too soft for the application. It appears that the heat, the gasoline, or the ethanol is attacking the plastic so that it loosens up its grip on the intake tube. You can only retighten the bushing clamp so many times before you run out of travel.

Does anyone have any ideas about how to solve this problem. I can't find anyplace which sells the bushings. I'm thinking that maybe high temperature RTV (orange colored silicone) might do the trick but I thought I'ld seek advice here first.

Thanks, DMARTI01

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I never seen a plastic bushing between the carb and intake manifold, we use silicone or a rubber washer and then it has a metal clamp, most of the problems is if the fangs on the carb break if over tightened.

Are you sure you're not talking about the plastic aircleaner bracket that connects to the carb, that thing never sealed very good.

dmarti01

Jun 22, 2011
Connecticut
Yes, it's a CNS carberetor. Thanks for the info regarding the large intake from Pirate cycles. I think it will solve my problem. DMARTI01