Riding around Maine

GoldenMotor.com

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
So I decided to get some vids of riding around beautiful Maine this morning.
Of course the sun came out after the first ride around the water, but that was when I was half way home. heh. About a 15 mile ride out there, and all of it very pretty.

YouTube - ‪pq.avi‬‏

On my way home I took a little vid of riding down the back roads.
It's a little hard to take vids on most of these roads, very bumpy and full of holes. And if you're not going up a steep hill, you're going down one. It's a two hand operation. So I took a vid on the flattest section ...

YouTube - ‪fr.avi‬‏

And, here's a pic of my bike with my car.
Both very fun vehicles.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Awesome! Looks like you had perfect weather to ride in! Get's me stoke for my wife and I's move to Portland! She's from an island just off the coast of Maine in New Brunswick, Canada. We both fell in love with PTLND and are ready to get the heck out of D.C.!

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
I love the new england states, especially the season of the indian summer !
Saw lot of pictures and documentations, but I never managed to make there holiday...

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Hi neighbour, getting tired of the rain?
Forgot what the Sun looks like!
So today is Friday, supposed to stop raining by Tuesday.

My motor is busted anyway, so my concern is my garden.
Sunny days ahead (maybe).

I have yet to see anybody from New Brunswick on this forum, probably because everybody moved to the Alberta oil patch, because there ain't no jobs here!

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
I hear ya on the no jobs there, Maine is the same way. I work 4 days a week, 12 hours a day on a ferry boat. So I've been in a very wet soggy mood for the last couple weeks. No riding to work, and being soaked through and exhausted at the end of each day. Trying to psych myself up for being wet all memorial day weekend, and it's just not working. haha.

Mainebushpilot

Jan 29, 2013
Oklahoma
Is anyone interested in a ride sometime this fall? I'm in the Portland area but can haul the bike anywhere and ride. I think a coast run or fall foliage run would be awesome. Let me know if you're interested

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
You most certainly can count me in and I'll have others with me. I'm in Bangor and would love a mid-coast autmn ride. I could truck in a half dozen bikes to meet early in Bar Harbor for breakfast, Ride up Cadilac for some forum pics, cruise the town and enjoy the day! Be really good to meet with others here in Maine. Just keep me posted...Chrisme You must contact me when you arrive in Bangor we'll catch'up then.

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Definitely! I'll be up there sometime late august, not really sure where I've even living yet... heh. Finally the weather has cleared and now the bike is my DD 12 miles to work, it's awesome.