Cafe Build.

GoldenMotor.com

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I just found this on the local Craigs list .
I picked it up for $75.
This is going to be a long and slow build dubbed,Really hunny it's the last one:) .
Hear is the current parts I'm thinking bought.
New style Whizzer forks

clipon bars

and a bobber seat mounted over the rear wheel
And a new slim line in frame tank version of my in frame tank.
[/IMG]

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I decided to reshape the original seat to give it a older look.

I just need to recover it now.

I also cut and fitted the seat post to wear I plan on welding it.

Three-Wire

Aug 12, 2010
Goddard, KS
That seat location will look great! I love that Schwinn frame... Based on your last build, this one will be at the top of my list to watch.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Figure I'll post an update. I'm trying to get this on the road for JB's rally. I didn't get a chance to weld a seat post yet, so I threw on a pirate post for now got the forks and bars on . still have to weld up a tank. I took it out for a test run yesterday and it turns out the base gasket cracked from sitting on the shelf for a year with the head off. The engine ran lean and burned a hole threw the head gasket. I just pulled it all apart again and, I'm currently weighting for the silicone gasket maker to set then it's out for a test run.

Last edited:

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Built the exhaust today. When i test rode it, I ran out of revs at 45 mph and had to back off the gas. This engine is insane. I need a 30 tooth sprocket. With the 36 it pulled up a hill at 35mph today. I had to hold back the urge to pass cars on the back roads today.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Slowbalt,
I've looked all through your threads and can't find any mention of the engine mods you made to get that speed other than the pipe and sprocket...
Have I missed something?
What is the running weight of bike w/rider?
Tnx
rc

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
No Boy go fast has a sick engine now. The z-80 they sell is crazy fast compared to all the other engines I have delt with. It is actualy a 68cc. The easiest way to spot these kits is they come with a 41 tooth sprocket rather than a 44. I had this bike at Jb's rally and no one could beleave it was a stock engine.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Just got off the phone with a Pirate. They are now making me a 30 tooth sprocket for this bike. so if anyone was wondering, yes they will make custom size sprockets.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Slowbalt,
I've looked all through your threads and can't find any mention of the engine mods you made to get that speed other than the pipe and sprocket...
Have I missed something?
What is the running weight of bike w/rider?
Tnx
rc
on my board track bike 90lb
on the cafe 50lb
my fat a55 200lb

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Installed and tested my new sprocket. Currently the compression is so high I have to set the piston to the top of the stroke before I start it or the clutch just spins. Also I mad a high flow air filter out of a ratel can top.
The bike still pulls good on hills and got up to 48mph with me (210lb)on it before I ran out of road in the industrial park. With a lesser rider it should hit 50mph.
This speed was clocked by my friend from work on his sport bike. all he could say was "Your crazy to be going that fast" .I then pointed to my helmet and his lack of one on a near 200mph bike and seed "I'm crazy?"

Last edited: