Test Pattern

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Alright guys and gals lets try to post a picture, oops first stump, what is a URL ? I have a photo sitting in "My Documents", from a "Funsaver" camera, photo was on CD. My computers operating system is Windows EP Media center edition. WHICH BUTTON DO I PUSH NEXT???(c) Walter F.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Forgot to add, given a choice I would prefer to have my photos full size in the post where you see the photo without doing anything as opposed to thumbnails. Thanks in advance. Walter F.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
If you have a place to host or hold your picture, something like your own website, an image hosting service, etc you can upload the pic there. Then copy the URL and paste it between IMG]http://xxxxx[/IMG (needs starting and ending brackets) html commands by clicking on the little mountain and sun (sorta light yellow box) icon button in the reply or create thread window, just above the text box.

Easy way is to use Attach files/ manage attachments, but they will be thumbnails.

Hey - you asked! :D

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
My brain just broke a spring after reading that. OK i would like to post just like you did with the way cool tank, but I will try the thumbnail deal any way- Here we go-Da Machine says it's uploading please wait/ while we wait, if this works, thanks to early riser PABLO. the photo is of the Research & Development Dept. here at the SKUNK WORKS where the "California Kid " is being built. This just in, deminsion limits are 1300X1000, they can't resize, I have to do it. Photo is 1536X1024, think I'm gonna break another spring. Let's see resize,resize resize, I give up how do I resize>>Walter F.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
You can also add the image as an attachment, preview the post and click on the thumbnail. Grab the URL from the address bar in your browser, and paste that between the [ IMG ] tags as previously stated.

To attach the image, when you're in the advanced editor, scroll down and click "manage attachments" From there click browse to find your pic, then hit upload. Once you do that, click "preview post," click on the thumbnail and it will open the image in a new window. Copy the address from the address bar in your browser, then click the mountain with sun icon (insert image) and paste in the address you just copied.

Attachments

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
you need this:
Code:
[ IMG]http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc322/WalterF_photos/IMG002.jpg[/IMG ]
you have this:
Code:
[ IMG]http://photobucket.com/WalterF[/IMG ]
oh, and remove the spaces...
not [ /IMG]

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
May I also add, I don't have a clue about "cut & paste", so keep it in everyday third grade English. #*?X$!! computers. Walter F.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
to copy, highlight text and press "CTRL and C" on your keyboard (push at same time)
to paste, place mouse cursor where you want the text to go, and press "CTRL and V" (push at same time)

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
In your album, underneath the picture you want to post there is a line that says img code. Just to the right of that is the code. Left click on that code so it all turns blue, then right click and a window will pop up. In that window click copy. Then in your message put the cursor where you want the picture. Right click and the little window pops up and click paste. Give it a try......................

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
you need this:
Code:
[ IMG]http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc322/WalterF_photos/IMG002.jpg[/IMG ]
you have this:
Code:
[ IMG]http://photobucket.com/WalterF[/IMG ]
oh, and remove the spaces...
not [ /IMG]
Oh boy, got a real teacher on the line, so what your saying is I should type in

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
In your album, underneath the picture you want to post there is a line that says img code. Just to the right of that is the code. Left click on that code so it all turns blue, then right click and a window will pop up. In that window click copy. Then in your message put the cursor where you want the picture. Right click and the little window pops up and click paste. Give it a try......................
Here we go-
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT Walter F.

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Test #2
Now that's the ticket.

Uncle Kudzu, get ready the next pictures I post will be of "The California Kid", hopefully next week!!! (c) Walter F.P>S> thanks to all who helped, you guys are the best!!!

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
i teach math...but anyway, you look like you figured it out...
all images start with

just being helpful:ride:

learn something new every day and you'll learn at least 365 things a year!

Last edited:

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I'm trying to learn also. I have to re-read every bit of advice, then click to somewhere else, then find myself at Rosie O'Donnels website...where is that "anykey" anyhow?