NEW GT50R Hi-Po Carb

GoldenMotor.com

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Well I've got good and bad news. The good is that the perpetual snow and negative temperatures are gone, almost. The bad is that even after doing all I can, I can not get the bike to stay running. Everything is fine, but it is so out of tune, I cannot get it to run. I am still waiting to hear from Duane about the delivery of the Jets. (Not the football team). I want to run this puppy as bad as yall want updates on it. I am trying my best, but right now I have some idle time.

Thanks,
Vista

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Sorry to hear. Maybe your filter crapped out? (because it new ppl were talking about it) :p

edit- that's a sweet carb btw, love the auto-choke!

Last edited:

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
taco is hard core when it comes to "go with what works" LOL I don't blame him, what works, works. But this IS a thread for a new carb so that option is out.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
UPDATE: I just got the redrilled jet from Duane today, and it is now installed on the bike. I had an issue with my gastank leaking and my dad and I are going to seal it up soon. After that I should be ready to go and test the new jet... more updates soon. :)

brnot

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Notice, while the bike was not running, I orderd a new plug, plug wire and I also modded an intake that matches the intake port to fit the skinnier mounting studs. ( I got it from GNT, never seen one before.) I also changed the cap on my muffler to one without a tube on it. Please keep these mods in mind when I desribe my ride. For me, this does not mess up my experiement, as I know what these mods do and I know these did not solely make my bike run better.

First Real Ride: I just got back from a 4 mile ride.... Mixed emotions. First of all, it sounds great. I don't know what exactly can make that popping sounds when you let off the gas, but this engine does that now. I changed the cap on my muffler that could have done it, but I love the new pop of this bike. I felt instant low end torque, and more power. I was really happy. I kept riding and after the first 2 miles it started to die. It would run if I put the choke on, then pop it back off, and it was a cycle. It kept getting worse and worse until I was afraid I wouldn't make it home. I did, but I have yet to check the plug. I believe it might be running a little lean. The ride was fun, and I got slush everywhere. :D I will update later on tonight with the condition of the plug. When the engine was running good, it ran like a champ. Great power and good revs, I was very satisfied. This carb is wonderful, I an positive that the new jet made this carb shine. If you tune it right, it will make you happy.

More to come,
Vista

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Great to hear. Smiles from me that you're happy with it, I've been eyeballing that carb on ebay. Can't wait to see those pics of the plug, etc. Keep us posted! :)

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
I have not but now that yall mention it, that could be the case. Hear is the deal with the intake. When I got a 49cc engine from GNT it was so cool. The intake port was ported into a rectangle, and it had wide studs. The exhaust was more circualar with wide spaced studs. Both ports were bigger than the ones on my 80cc. Very interesting. Anyways, it came with an intake that resembled the aluminum one that came with the kit only it was bigger and looked like it was cnc'ed or something. It matched up to the intake port very well. The intake looks like formed metal like the stock. The holes were too wide so I drilled them closer to the middle, now it is a long oval instead of a hole. It fits and I have one less drill bit. :D I will check the plug and for leaks in a few hours once I get back home. I am supposed to get a package today with lots of goodies including a billet intake. Unfortunately, I don't think it is a pretapped intake, and since I am not about to ruin a CC intake, I will have to temporarily, take off my boost bottle. :( Don't get me wrong, I love my BB, and I love the way it makes it idle, but I'm not going to be picky on what is sent to me.

Updates Soon,
Vista

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Ok, went on a ride a few days ago and was super impressed, this carb is amazing. Super precise, looks great and improves performance. When my muffler snapped off from the downtube, it was even better. This bike is wicked loud AND fast. It's great. Autochoke is nice at times, but sometimes annoying. I will post pics with in the next few days.

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
After some issues, I realized my jet was clogged. So I cleaned it up and went on a ride, this carb is awesome. I love it, and I can got over 35 MPH with this perfectly tuned carb. I'll answer any questions, I'm keeping this post short just summing up my wonderful experience. :D