Experiences with Dax's Titan

GoldenMotor.com

ricland

Jul 27, 2008
I wonder about that engine in the back like that.

the center of gravity on the bike would be the center of the frame

ricland

ark slim

Aug 8, 2008
I'm glad to see a few guy's my size riding and that have my viewpoint "fast is not necessairly the quickest way to get there" I also notice that several pople on this site are from another popular site i've been on . Also glad to hear about the titan have been thinking about changing from my current Dax 70. Have had some problems with it but thanks for much help and cooperation from Duane have gotten it under control except for the carb. but that's getting better.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I'm glad to see a few guy's my size riding and that have my viewpoint "fast is not necessairly the quickest way to get there" I also notice that several pople on this site are from another popular site i've been on . Also glad to hear about the titan have been thinking about changing from my current Dax 70. Have had some problems with it but thanks for much help and cooperation from Duane have gotten it under control except for the carb. but that's getting better.
Welcome to the forum :)
:ride2:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I wonder about that engine in the back like that.

the center of gravity on the bike would be the center of the frame

ricland
i was also concerned about this but it did not seem any less stable and had as much control with the rack mount as i did with my in frame 2 stroke. as far as speed i usually ran mine around 30 mph and when i wanted to open it up i got 36 mph on flat ground. i weigh around 220. the motor for me is perfect and i should have another one arriving here any day now .boogy1a

davemangoodid

Jun 23, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hey everyone. I am new to the forum. I just completed my first build. It is a Schwinn Point Break Beach Cruiser with front and rear hand brakes with a in-frame mount Dax Super Titan. I cannot figure out the clutch though. It does not engage the engine with any pressure on the seat. I am done building it but really need tips on how to adjust it so I can ride without burning out another set of clutch pads. Thanks everyone!

Daveman

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Daveman, welcome to the forum. Great looking build!

I can't help with your clutch problem but do want to warn you about the PBs front fender. The little "L" bracket is just bent metal and is gonna fail on ya. When the fender goes around, the front of your bike stops dead but you and the rest keep going. Is not good!

Look up fenders and you will get some great fixes. But should remove it until you get it safe. I promise, it's not if it will fail, it is when.

I am a big time PB fan.

Again, great looking build!

.flg.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
How would you fix the fender issue?
The way I do it, (there are a ton of others) is drill holes in the fender and use U-bolts over the curve of the fork. Some pics; http://motorbicycling.com/f11/fende...g.com/f11/fender-fortification-fun-23421.html

Below is a thread about what happened when I thought my front fender was OK, lol. It weren't.

Here is some really great information; Fender - Google Search

http://motorbicycling.com/f11/another-tale-fender-failure-10191.html