I stand corrected...

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I had heard that 2 strokes will run backwards,,,, I tried it on a one of my home builds early on and it wouldn't start. Ilikabika said he thought the weedeaters should run backwards and I said, "They don;t." I said it just like I knew what I was talking about.

I spent most of today putting a second weed eater type engine on my test bike. I tried to run it and it wouldn't drag start also it was way way out of balance cause I had two engines on the same side.

Just for the devil of it I tried to run it backwards. It was already hot from having been tested before so it started right up and ran fine. So I spent an hour changing everything I had done all day. But I do have an engine on each side. One front one rear and I think it will be a better balance.

It was nice that I got the old crappy engine from ebay to start as easily as I did. So far I have been able to start the last couple by simply forcing carb cleaner through them. Didn't even have to change a plug.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Cool. I know a guy that used to have a golf kart that had a two stroke. For reverse the engine ran backwards. You are da man................................