What Engine?

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
OK Venice. We want to see you ride a bicycle with a 500cc Jawa and live to post a vid youtube. You would need to use brakes from a Hayabusa.
Most any engine looks good to me on a boardie if it is frame mounted. One guy posted a boardie that had a v-twin Briggs Vanguard in it. The builder removed the fan shroud and cut down the fins on the flywheel. It looked great, but wasn't much of a bicycle anymore.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
OK Venice. We want to see you ride a bicycle with a 500cc Jawa and live to post a vid youtube. You would need to use brakes from a Hayabusa.
Most any engine looks good to me on a boardie if it is frame mounted. One guy posted a boardie that had a v-twin Briggs Vanguard in it. The builder removed the fan shroud and cut down the fins on the flywheel. It looked great, but wasn't much of a bicycle anymore.
plus those vanguards run upwards of $300 online

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The Jawa motor would actually work well. Just run a smaller carburator to keep the speed down.
V-twin Vanguards retail for way over $1000. Not in my budget either.
The regular single cylinder, horizontal shaft engines from Briggs, Tecumseh, etc look good when given the boardie treatment. Remove the fuel tank and fan cover. Cut down the fins on the flywheel. Buy or fab a velocity stack air cleaner. Vintage motor replica on a budget.
However, it will not be street legal and you will have to use electric start or add a pulley modified for a wind up pull start.

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
What about the 110cc V-twins being offered up in mini choppers by Chinese suppliers? I searched the forums and couldn't find anything on them and couldn't find a US source importing them, either, but they are being promoted. Seems like someone would be taking the bait. The mini choppers run about $900 complete so one can imagine that 110cc V-twin with trans being in the reasonable range.