Wireing kill swich and the chain keeps falling off

GoldenMotor.com

Tank

Jul 9, 2008
Hi
I don't know how to wire my kill swich on I have to stall it if i want to turn it off and my chain keeps falling off.does any one know of a good light to run off the Z-80 2 stroke

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
inside your kill switch wire you have two wires - black wire to ground and the other to connect into the blue wire from the motor! as far as the chain coming off - do you have your tensioner on correctly and adjusted right ? and how about your rear sprocket that you added , is it true and straight ?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Chain and sprockets lined up?
3/4" of play in the chain? Too tight is bad.

Engine on straight and tight?

Welcome to the forum.

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
inside your kill switch wire you have two wires - black wire to ground and the other to connect into the blue wire from the motor! as far as the chain coming off - do you have your tensioner on correctly and adjusted right ? and how about your rear sprocket that you added , is it true and straight ?
i thought that 'other' wire (mine's red) attached to the white motor wire?

my cdi (I assume that's the little black box) has one black and one blue...and I connected that black to the motor black and that blue to the motor blue...my kill switch has a black and a red and I grounded the black to the frame and connected the red to the white. and my bike went 300 miles with a working kill switch

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I do not use the white wire. I'm saving it for a light someday. It is easier if you just use the kill switch to jump both cdi wires.

At least that is what I have been doing for the last eight months or so.

Jakylpops

Jul 10, 2008
Well if it's running then you've already got the CDI wired correctly which means all you have to do at this point is take one of the wires from your kill switch (doesn't matter which one) and join it into one of the CDI wire connections, so you have 3 wires coming together. The other kill switch wire needs to be grounded to the bike, I just loosend a muffler mount nut, wrapped it around the bolt and tightened it back up.

On my bike it is...

CDI black wire to ENGINE black wire
CDI blue wire to ENGINE blue wire and KILL SWITCH blue wire (three way connection)
KILL SWITCH yellow wire to muffler bolt

Make sure you keep the tip of the white wire taped up until you decide to use it or it could come in contact with the frame and kill the engine.