24in wheels on 26in frame??

GoldenMotor.com

Tulsacruiser

Mar 26, 2010
Tulsa, Ok
Does anybody in here running 24in wheels on 26in frame? Im working on my mb build and fixing to order wheels and interested to see how it looks, Im on the short side so i figured 24in wheels would help a little but I already have a 26in frame. If you are running this setup do you have any pics? Thanks

The 26incher

Dec 19, 2009
Pepeekeo, HI
I set up my 26" bike with a 24" rear wheel. It's an old BMX trick that didn't pan out that great BITD. Motorcycles(dirt and street) have this set up(smaller in the back, larger in the front) and I also like the look. Here is a problem you are going to run into with 24" wheels on a 26" frame. The bottom bracket will sit much lower. I plan on running 5" cranks instead of the 7 1/2" stock cranks(who needs all that leverage anyway, I only pedal it from a start). If you don't shorten the rear end and use a 24" fork on a 26" frame and fork, smaller rims look goofy. It's your bike bro, do what you want. Here is mine... http://motorbicycling.com/f15/my-new-mb-build-almost-done-16934.html

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
I set up my 26" bike with a 24" rear wheel. It's an old BMX trick that didn't pan out that great BITD. Motorcycles(dirt and street) have this set up(smaller in the back, larger in the front) and I also like the look. Here is a problem you are going to run into with 24" wheels on a 26" frame. The bottom bracket will sit much lower. I plan on running 5" cranks instead of the 7 1/2" stock cranks(who needs all that leverage anyway, I only pedal it from a start). If you don't shorten the rear end and use a 24" fork on a 26" frame and fork, smaller rims look goofy. It's your bike bro, do what you want. Here is mine... http://motorbicycling.com/f15/my-new-mb-build-almost-done-16934.html
If you use a 3" x 24" tire it's almost as tall as a skinny 26".....from what I see in photos!