Traditional hot rod style

GoldenMotor.com

halfevil333

May 18, 2010
florida, USA
Here is my build I just finished. I wanted to give it that traditional hot rod feel. The first picture is of the bike when I bought it. The second is how it looks now. I am still not completely done with it. I want to take it to the Lone Star Round Up (a pre 1964 custom and hot rod show) and have someone pinstripe it!
you could send me your tank, and whatever else to be pinstriped, just pm me for details...

Attachments

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
I have made some more changes to the bike that are fairly unique. First, I added a new seat! This one is red candy flake. In real life is really has some sparkle. The pictures don't capture that too well.

I also decided to ditch the peanut tank and make my own custom gas tank. I wound up using an aluminum water bottle for my tank. I hid the tank behind the seat tube. I think the coolest part is how I now fill up my tank. When I need to fill up, I pull out the pin that holds my banana seat to the front seat tube and lift up the seat (as seen in the pictures). When I am done i just tilt back the seat and reinsert the pin. I am really liking the look of the bike without the peanut. :)

Attachments

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
Here are the rest of the pictures. For some reason I could not upload the pictures I took upright, but I could upload them if i rotated them. Just tilt your head to the right to look at them :)

Attachments

littleman456

Sep 10, 2009
Minnesota
:eek:
That is one clean bike! I wish I could build a bike like that.One day I will figure out your guys secret to making such truly awesome bikes.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Usually, banana seats look a bit awkward to me on a 26 inch bike. However it looks great on yours the way you mounted it very low and retained the vintage looking cargo rack. I guess you don't know how something will look until you bolt it on and try it. The tank under the seat is icing on the cake.

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
Usually, banana seats look a bit awkward to me on a 26 inch bike. However it looks great on yours the way you mounted it very low and retained the vintage looking cargo rack. I guess you don't know how something will look until you bolt it on and try it. The tank under the seat is icing on the cake.
Thanks! I played around with the angle of the seat and tried to get it to follow the top tube closely. I had to chop some things to get it low over the bar. The cargo rack filled in the back so that there was not a gap over the wheel at the back of the seat. :)

Shorty

Apr 2, 2010
McKinleyville, CA
Sick bike man! I love trad hot rod and kustom stuff like that. I especially dig that seat and tank! Real slick idea man!

I've been wanting to the round up go for years, but that's a long trip for my old beater, man.' Hopefully when this new engine is in her you'll see me there next year! :D

bare bones

Jul 12, 2009
Austin
Sick bike man! I love trad hot rod and kustom stuff like that. I especially dig that seat and tank! Real slick idea man!

I've been wanting to the round up go for years, but that's a long trip for my old beater, man.' Hopefully when this new engine is in her you'll see me there next year! :D
Thanks for the kind words :)

Hope to see you at the Round Up next year! I have a 1962 Lincoln Continental that I bring out. People love the MBs at the Round Up too!

sohcahtoa

Sep 5, 2010
Louisville, KY, USA
Love that fuel tank! I've been thinking about making one from a similar canteen too, but have more pressing issues on my bike at the moment - like getting the carb tuned so it runs properly ;)

I think the tank might make a good project for next winter

Shorty

Apr 2, 2010
McKinleyville, CA
Thanks for the kind words :)

Hope to see you at the Round Up next year! I have a 1962 Lincoln Continental that I bring out. People love the MBs at the Round Up too!
Have any pics of the Linc? My buddy Jeff thats in my car club has a '60 MkV, and a friend of ours has a '62 Continentel. Mom used to have a two-door '68 Conti when I was litle, too. Talk about luxury, man.... Those boats ride soooo smooth.

I finally tracked down a new motor for my '53 Packard after I threw a rod. Hopefully it'll be done in the next few weeks. You ever make it out to Billetproof here in Cali? Thats gonna be my first long distance trip in her.