Venice Board Tracker finished!

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here it is...
I've done a lot to it since I last posted pics.
I installed a small 'Lucky 7' front sprocket & lowered the engine in the frame; I made a better pipe hanger, & I finally laced in the front hub & installed the front disc brake. (& I installed a new engine... :rolleyes: )

Last edited:

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
One Word... Nice. That's a great looking bike Venice. Keep em coming.

I was wondering how to put a disc brake on that type of fork, now I know how. Ingenious!!!

Last edited:

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Man, that is a good lookin' bike. Are those standard size cruiser tires? They look a little bigger than normal.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Looking good Norm! My bro was just over talking about how he was going to mount a lucky 7 front sprocket. I didn't even know what one was and now I know. How are you keeping the motor side chain from rubbing on the frame chain stay? Curious also if you rewelded the forks under the chrome crown piece. I have an early set of Monarch repops and they need some additional reinforcement. Cool ride!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Man, that is a good lookin' bike. Are those standard size cruiser tires? They look a little bigger than normal.
Yep, standard cruiser tires 26 X 2.125

Looking good Norm! My bro was just over talking about how he was going to mount a lucky 7 front sprocket. I didn't even know what one was and now I know. How are you keeping the motor side chain from rubbing on the frame chain stay? Curious also if you rewelded the forks under the chrome crown piece. I have an early set of Monarch repops and they need some additional reinforcement. Cool ride!
Thanks Pat! Just add washers to the axle on the inside of the dropouts to spread the frame for extra chain clearance.
I'm gonna reweld the fork in a few days... I know the guy who makes them & I'm helping him redesign them to be stronger.

WAY COOL!!! excellent job indeed!

what frame did you start from?

ciao
It's 1955 Schwinn Panther.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Yep, standard cruiser tires 26 X 2.125
I'm gonna reweld the fork in a few days... I know the guy who makes them & I'm helping him redesign them to be stronger.
You should see if you can have him flare the bottom of the steer tube to give a press fit to the inner bearing race. These forks look great but they need a bit of finishing up. Good to hear your helping the guy out. If he needs thicker drop outs (swing arms?) I can cut you guys a ton of them out of 3/16 plate.