New Frame help

GoldenMotor.com

bbeards2

Sep 28, 2008
This is the frame I want to use for my next build it will have 20 inch wheels. I want to run a disc brake in the front and rear and use the tophat from kings sales and services. But the only problem is where to put the clutch lever? Im open to any ideas. The brakes Im using are Hope 160mm hydraulic brakes so i need both levers or a way to move one of the levers to have the clutch lever.
Thanks Brett

Attachments

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
This might work for you. After a little practice I learned to use both at the same time. Your mileage may vary.
Elmo

Attachments

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
Not to play police again but this appears to be something other than a vintage/board tracker build.
I like the frame and the brakes but NOT on a vintage or BTR build.
JMO,
Dave

dmar836

Jun 23, 2009
KC
I guess the hydraulic upgrade discussion makes it appear to be a modernized build. I didn't necessarily agree with the year discussion of late but thought the spirit of this forum was to be earlier classic. Up to interpretation I suppose.
Whatever you do, don't change the Yamaha paint job. I've always liked the monoblock Kenny Roberts paint scheme. I would not want to add tabs or anything else often needed to make the motorized changes you are considering but that's just how much I like nostalgia. Unless you did it yourself, that paint job is difficult to find on anything. Remember, it can be original only once! IMO, changing it is a disservice to it........ even if you plan never to sell it.
As usual, JMO,
Dave
KC