All Steel Fuel Tanks

GoldenMotor.com

rob king

Oct 13, 2009
wilmington nc
I've read a few posts about interest in steel fuel tanks for board track racers. I would be willing to build some for those interested. My good friend, Matt @ Reel Adventures has posted some pictures of my btr on his thread. Look for "My friends first build'" title. I run a welding and fabrication business and am pretty busy with that but if time allows and you are patient I might be able help you out.

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
I've read a few posts about interest in steel fuel tanks for board track racers. I would be willing to build some for those interested. My good friend, Matt @ Reel Adventures has posted some pictures of my btr on his thread. Look for "My friends first build'" title. I run a welding and fabrication business and am pretty busy with that but if time allows and you are patient I might be able help you out.
Do you have any price quotes for a cyclendrical steel tank like yours, but made to fit a stock Worksman Newsboy frame?

Thanks!

pre-war Schwinn

Nov 15, 2009
Los Angeles 90039
I too would wand to use a cylindrical I do not have a straight line at all on this bike frame but two cylinders one on each side of thegap in the supposidly straight bars would serve me well. I wonder about brass or steel pipe with end caps

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
I might be interested-- send me some quotes.

rob king

Oct 13, 2009
wilmington nc
I thinking about $250. The one I built for Matt took about a day, materials weren,t but about $20. It is just a lot of work. On my bike I had to roll main cylinder, 2 cones and 2 end caps, turned brass filler on lathe, 2 bungs for filler and outlet then i sealed inside with motorcycle tank sealer it took about 2 days. I have a new stock worksman bike at the shop now I could use as sample for a "stock" tank that I could build over and over and then mabe shave some time of the project.

Reel Adventure

Jul 1, 2009
wilmington nc
I will post pics of the build proccess of my new Indian square tank taht Rob did for me. It came out awesome and I roughed up the paint to make it look period correct etc.

It took us a full day to build it up, but it is done right!