alarm system for you motorized bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I like it so much I just ordered 2 of them. I'm a big spenda lol. This seems like a good idea for times when your bike is parked close by, but you can't see it.

I always ride over to my friends, and park in the driveway in front of his house. When I go inside I can't see my bike, and that makes be paranoid even though I'm only a few feet away from it. I always have to go look out the window to see if it's still there every few minutes.

thedude

Sep 10, 2011
San Francisco
I've actually had one of these alarms on mine for quite a while, lasted through last winter, got it soaked in water, even got hit by a car and it held together really good. Buttons are a lil touchy, sometimes I have to press it harder than others. But overall I'd say given the options and price...It works great and I'd recommend them to anyone with a bike.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I like it. Advice, don't mount it on The seat post. It can be taken off and put in a dumpster. Use the stearing head neck. Or drill out the seat post to where it would take to long to take the bolt out that you put in. Just an idea. (c)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I like it. Advice, don't mount it on The seat post. It can be taken off and put in a dumpster. Use the stearing head neck. Or drill out the seat post to where it would take to long to take the bolt out that you put in. Just an idea. (c)
Yeah, I was just thinking about putting on some kind of a sticker,

ATTENTION THIS IS NOT AN ALARM.

Warning Bio Hazard

Rat Poop Disposal Unit

Smith & Wesson Warning Siren

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Tonight I got around to installing my new alarm I bought on eBay, from Paul's link in this thread.

My first impression is pretty good. It's easy to understand how to operate. It's easy to attach to any bicycle. The siren sound it makes, is loud if you're standing next to it, but diminishes with distance quickly. You should be able to hear it from inside your house, as long as your house isn't too big, especially at night.

I would be nice if it had a remote, but for $4.99 shipped from Hong Kong, I give it 2 thumbs up.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Tonight I got around to installing my new alarm I bought on eBay, from Paul's link in this thread.

My first impression is pretty good. It's easy to understand how to operate. It's easy to attach to any bicycle. The siren sound it makes, is loud if you're standing next to it, but diminishes with distance quickly. You should be able to hear it from inside your house, as long as your house isn't too big, especially at night.

I would be nice if it had a remote, but for $4.99 shipped from Hong Kong, I give it 2 thumbs up.

MAJOR FAIL
Today I rode to REI. Maybe a little less than 5 miles round trip. Somewhere on the return trip the battery door fell off. I was riding through the parking lot of a walmart, and happened to look down at the alarm, only to see the battery dangling by the wire, and banging on my paint. I rode part of the way back looking for the door, but never found it.

I had in fact used a piece of duct tape on the door, but I guess it was too stingy a piece to hold. Luckily I bought 2 alarms so I can snatch the door from the other alarm. This time I'll use a bigger piece of tape.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The battery actually is a little bit of a loose fit in it's compartment. I stuffed some cotton in with the battery to keep it from vibrating, and making noise. The battery door absolutely has to be taped closed.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
All I did was slip a phone under my seat and covered it. It's an HTC wildfire and on standby it lasts for days without needing to charge. I'm trying to figure out a way to charge it using the motor so I never have to remove it but for now I'm alright with charging it when I can. I think the $15/month for data (only a couple megs a month) and constant ability to track it using my main phone and/or computer is well worth it. If thieves want it bad enough, they'll get it. This way, I can get it back within 24 hours.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have an idea for a steel spike that springs out of the seatpost and taintstabs the thief.
I think it would be poetic justice.

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
Hey i have a alarm aswell its a padlock with dual function. 1st is standard padlock 2nd is alarmed padloxk. To switch i just open padlock and change the way around the shank of the loxk is and it is110db pulsing siren got in a discount supermarket sure same kind thing exists over with yous

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey i have a alarm aswell its a padlock with dual function. 1st is standard padlock 2nd is alarmed padloxk. To switch i just open padlock and change the way around the shank of the loxk is and it is110db pulsing siren got in a discount supermarket sure same kind thing exists over with yous
Very cool IPJ. I had not heard of them and new to me. Thanks for posting.

I googled it and this came up; https://www.google.com/search?q=alarmed+padloxk

Jan 24, 2012
letterkenny, ireland
Hwy dan that search alctually the one i have. It is the 6th link about a aldi one got for 5 quid. I got xheaper it was in bargain bin for 3.50. Great as backup alarmpadlock with refular to double strength has saved a yamaha virago being lstolen woke 2 labradors which woke whole house at 4 in morning ambitious criminals brioke lock off gate and tryed to xut chain sexuring rear wheel and set off siren. Also woke neighbours.