Different Kind Of Motorbike

GoldenMotor.com

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Cool thing about steam power is the HP rating is at 0 RPM, the uncool thing about steam power is having to stoke up a fire and get a head of steam before you go out for a ride, oh say about an hour's work.

Mercedes was actually testing a steam power assist system on a car a few years ago but I never heard where it went. They took a diesel, put a heat exchanger on the exhaust to build up steam and it would get the car going from a stop then the diesel would kick in. It had a small 2 cylinder steam engine that was rated at around 100 HP.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
steam power is very high because the steam itself is hard to compress . that thing needs a little radio flyer wagon behind it with some underpaid kid shoveling coal into the furnace

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
the scary part is that looks like the 1973 schwinn suburban I'm addin a Gasbike 66cc to. the tire blew out at 90psi, even though it was rated to 90psi. just chillin in the driveway, I was gettin ready to fire it up for the first time and kablamo. drop the rear down to 60 and gotta geta new front tube :(