4 stroke engine kit not so much a bolt on

GoldenMotor.com

evmatt

Apr 26, 2009
chickamauga
I finished my new Schwinn cruiser with the 4 stroke kit from kingsmotorbikes.com. The bike is great and I love the 4 stroke engine! This kit came with what looks like the "hoot" gearbox. So far it has been working nicely and this bike is much easier for beginners to hop on and ride being that it is an automatic. It's always funny when people would try to start my 2 stroke Schwinn; pedal hard, let off the clutch and they tip over when it comes to an abrupt stop.

I must add that the kit is not as simple to install as the 2 stroke kit at least on this Schwinn. I spent hours fitting, welding, and fabricating to make it work right. I had to cut the exhaust apart and reweld it. The motor mount plate wasn't the adjustable one and needed modification to work. The extended pedal crank assembly did not fit my bike so I had to cut the original pedals off and weld the new ones onto the original crank assembly. Be sure to check the knot for the pull start handle because mine pulled off on the 3rd start up. This caused the string to go inside the recoil and I had a little adventure fixing the recoil.

I'm ok with doing all this work but just wanted to let others know that this is a very involved installation. I do believe its worth the effort though for the 4 stroke engine.

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I'v been waiting for a good 4 stroke kit to come to the front. I have a Whizzer and a bunch of two smoke china girls. If I ride one or the other I like them all, if I ride one after the other I want to get rid of the girls. Following the EZ bike I think it is going to be a good one, I just wish there was a more purpose built engine, its just me I want it to look like something from the early days. Keep having fun, Dave