GxH 50cc sprocket info?

GoldenMotor.com

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
I'm looking for info about the best sprocket size to use on a Honda GXH50 build. I would like to get between 25-35 mph. Of course faster would be daring but I think in TN i'm legally allowed 20mph. Are there any charts anywhere on sprocket size vs speed? And which runs the engine at the best rpm? I thought I had read a post about this in the past, but haven't been able to find it unless it was on another site. Also this will be disc brake mounted so I hope to get one from King's.

Thanks
Fred.shft.

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
You will need a 5:1 reduction type gear box or pulley system. And then a 10 or 11T output sprocket for 41 size chain driving a 48T rear on a 26 or 27 inch wheel will accomplish what you seek. Thanks..

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
Like Dax mentioned, depends on the gearbox you use. I have a Grubee gearbox which is 3.7:1. The gearbox output is 11 teeth and the rear sprocket iis 48 teeth. I get the speeds you are talking about.

Fred

Sep 25, 2008
Thanks Houghmade, you have the set up i'm going for. I'm hoping to get a sprocket and top hat adaptor from Andy at King's sales and service.