Most insane Trike ever.......

GoldenMotor.com
I've seen that trike before.. he called it the transformer, or something... he had a plate on the back, and on that plate was a removable second seat, then the rear end "pickup" style, and a covered box that housed an electric motor... the "pickup" version had the sweetest old fashioned wood floor, like a 1940's pickup.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I've seen that trike before.. he called it the transformer, or something... he had a plate on the back, and on that plate was a removable second seat, then the rear end "pickup" style, and a covered box that housed an electric motor... the "pickup" version had the sweetest old fashioned wood floor, like a 1940's pickup.
Where did you see it? A plate like this? http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6442/img1291h.jpg

And a pickup bed like this?
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1681/img0838jz.jpg

The owner is running the electic set-up or just pedaling it. The Honda GX160 electric start motor is now going into the tandem that I re-built.

dnut

Scotto, thanks for sharing this build, my sick mind is thinking something similar to this Stretch Cruiser Trike build with a vintage style pickup truck bed!

So Cool!!!

C.H.
Ditto, C.H. this is almost exactly what I'm after; a bit more stretched, and with your horizontal push clone motor, instead. My first (4 stroke) buikd will, no doubt, be somewhat less remarkable; as I plan to sell it, in order to afford the bike (s) that are in my head... one two-wheeler & one trike. This guy's work is just stellar!!!

2stroker

Apr 29, 2012
orlando
Where did you see it? A plate like this? http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/6442/img1291h.jpg

And a pickup bed like this?
http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/1681/img0838jz.jpg

The owner is running the electic set-up or just pedaling it. The Honda GX160 electric start motor is now going into the tandem that I re-built.

dnut
BG18_jpg.jpg

I think this trike is cool..its a hand pedaled trike for a paralyzed from the waist down biker.He said that his bike kit changed his life. he can finally get around town and do stuff..I got that off of bumblebeebolton's website..

I have this one on my phone still... can't rem where I got it... no doubt one of my many late night insomniatic episodes! & a few more I have come across. I think my trike will be hase on two designs; the atomic zombie chopper & the atom8c zombie overkill trike... my tires will not be "over kill" though.

Attachments

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay

Wow, you could put a really powerful motor on one of these and it would haul and be very stable, especially if you put a wide tire on back. I really like these tadpole and reverse trikes ideas, I'd love to have one to travel with.

Wow, you could put a really powerful motor on one of these and it would haul and be very stable, especially if you put a wide tire on back. I really like these tadpole and reverse trikes ideas, I'd love to have one to travel with.
I'd like to get some tips from that guy!, (and by "tips", I mean complete plans!), all I know (and I cannot say my facts are straight); the designer's name is Nick Lalli, from Long Beach, New York. According to an article i read, after the FBI COTY (2010 or 2011?) he was supposed to open up a custom bike shop, in LBNY... I've not been able to find any more info.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I have this one on my phone still... can't rem where I got it... no doubt one of my many late night insomniatic episodes! & a few more I have come across. I think my trike will be hase on two designs; the atomic zombie chopper & the atom8c zombie overkill trike... my tires will not be "over kill" though.
Yup, that first picture is Rick's trike alright and it is more than *****in'!!! It is a true work of art.

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Thanks for posting up the pickup trike again... never tire of looking at that one! Also, I've got to comment on that very serious looking tadpole. Wow... I can see that on a cyclecar. Is that front end his design or something from Atomic Zombie?
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Wow did I miss this one. Have seen pictures before but never all the close ups shots.

Dido what SB said, what a master piece of creativity ...."...Curt

it may be that the photo is distorted, at least in my notebook. Is this a standard size OCC chopper? if so, it's too small for me... my legs have been smashed up too much, as a result, I must have the ability to stretch my legs forward, every so often... such is the price of duty, service for an old (getting there) war horse.

Would you happen to know how he is driving the rear axel?? Just one side or have a differential ? gphil
I've got a pic of a very cool trike, not motor driven, but it's got a differential... I just have no idea on where to find such an axle. There's one on NorthernTool.com Would anyone on here know if the one they have would work? I think it's on their site for go karts... as soon as I saw it, I was taken by it! The bad thing about living in Puerto Rico, (eight years now) is;
1. shipping can be expensive here, if the business you're dealing with doesn't use USPS.
2. We can't often go to these places we find online, and "check out" the merch, before we buy... we're buying blind!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
The one from northern tool should work fine. It is 1" diameter by 36" long and around a hundred bucks. A free source would be to find an older riding mower or garden tractor which used a differential axle. Usually they are 3/4" diameter which is plenty strong. Length of the axle will vary, so some may be too short. That can be remedied by cutting the axle and extending it with a sleeve. Or if you can find a mower shop with dead mowers to scavenge you can mix parts from the same type differential axle. That's what I'm doing and have ended up with a 3/4" differential axle by 35" long, just what I want for my build. I'm also exploring how to use the cores from the mower wheels and adapt them to the hubs of bike wheels, in my case a set of 24" worksman front wheels. Axle and wheels are a major expense on a trike build so if you can find a free or very cheap way to go about it and end up with something better than what you can buy in a trike conversion kit, I say woohoo!
SB

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Or you could contac Curt fox he might know were you could get one out of a old lawn mower cheep,just pay shipping. The old lawn tractors are getting hard to find, most are getting scraped out and becoming a thing of the past.
Yes the ones from northern tool are the same and are heavier 1" , makes it harder to adapted wheels to,but in this case with pulleys on each end to drive the wheels it would work just fine. My son has one in a gas powered wagon works just fine..........Curt