"Completed" bike

GoldenMotor.com

Fishermanblues

Aug 24, 2008
Tucson Az
I wanted to share some pictures of my "completed" bike (nothing I do is ever really completed). I finished installing an SBP shift kit with a nexus seven speed last week. I put together the brakes this week out of bits and pieces i had laying around an a few used parts from BICAS costing a grand total of $4.00.

Attachments

Jun 25, 2008
Not a bad job Fishermanblues. can't work out what appears to be your dual pull system though...
Excellent job with the brakes. I converted a coaster sruicer to calipers but had a helluva job with the drop length, in the end i did similar to you and reversed them. Seems like you've made a good solution.

Fishermanblues

Aug 24, 2008
Tucson Az
The brakes work with a single pull lever that goes to the box you can see in post #2 (mounted under the gas tank) where it is "split" into two separate cables. One cable goes to the rear, the other to the front.

Jun 25, 2008
I seeeeee now. excellent job and a refreshingly different resolution to the conventional style which ends up with the brake lever looking mangled.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Very distinctive looking ride! I'll watch for you around town. Bicas is a wonderful resource! I am building a wheel and a bike shop was going to charge me $1 each for spokes. Fortunately they were out of the size I needed so I went to Bicas where they charged me $2 for a bundle of 36.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Very nice build, That 7 speed would be so nice. I looked at that cable setup and thought it was like the hondas, where you pull either right or left and both brakes engage.