Build No. 5

GoldenMotor.com

xPosTech

The Old Master Motorized Bicycle Builder
Oct 23, 2008
SETexas
Hey Joe

Is the bolt on the front motor mount bent or are my eyes crossing again?

Ted

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It sure do look that way doesn't it?

I went out and double checked it after looking at the photo zoomed in.

It's an optical illusion.

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
Now thats an extension. How does it run compared to how it ran before you did the Hollowing out of the Exhaust and Riker (Stinger)? Oh can I see the gas cap? CAN I Can I. These are the pipes I get from Jim and Chad Every time.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It runs O.K., I need to re-do the extension.

I am going to cut that one down, and add a second one, and cut them both with a slash cut.

I opened up the opening in the exhast, but the extension reduced the top end once I added it.

So much for progress!

Gas cap? Yes, it has a really nice one that doesn't leak and looks a little different inside that the others I have had.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I mount all my engines by using a rectangular piece of lead between the mount part of the case, and the frame tube. Also, a piece goes between the "U" clamp part and the tubing.

I bed, or "glue" the lead in with PC-7 (like JB Weld, but thicker) to even out any discrepancies in frame angle/mount angle so the engine is fully mounted on the frame.

I do this because I have noticed that anything but a "perfect angle" results in a high stress area on the frame. A lot of cruiser type frames leave a wedge shaped gap in there, not readily noticeable.

I put the whole works together, let the PC-7 partially set up, then tighten the mounts down until the PC starts to squeeze out. After it is fully cured, I finish tightening the mounts.