whats going on with this chain?& hub

GoldenMotor.com

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
hi every one
i was wondering why only one pin/post on my 415 chain is bout twice the length as all the others ..its one of the ones in the master link & its seated all the way thru ..just a bit longer..naturally it grabs at everything while in motion
...also i asked my bike shop dealer for a hd hub spokes& rim he brought out a very heavy one with double walls & 12 ga spokes the hub says shimano cb-e 110 ...im familiar with the cb 110 ..but not the other ..any difference?..thanks in advance

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
...also i asked my bike shop dealer for a hd hub spokes& rim he brought out a very heavy one with double walls & 12 ga spokes the hub says shimano cb-e 110 ...im familiar with the cb 110 ..but not the other ..any difference?..thanks in advance
25 Grams or so

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
the E is just the model designation letter. all the shimano coaster brakes since about 1982 are E110's.

the CB stands for coaster brake, the E is the latest model, and 110 is 110mm.

the previous model, the D hub is basically the same, except the coaster brake arm has a squared off oval hole, whereas the E has a star shaped hole where it connects to the brake cone. and the hub shell seems more heavy duty on the D.

in my opinion, the D models were better. but they ain't easy to find.

on your masterlink, you have the outer clip on it, right? looks like a thin, split link plate that snaps in? should be 3 pieces to your masterlink. that's why it's got longer pins, unless yours is a defect.

wing nut

Aug 9, 2012
warren p.a.
thank you guys very much..i compared the link with the other one that came out with the kit .and that one was not showing the extra pin length & was installed correctly ,guess it was a defect & glad no damage was done..swapped it out & motored on!!..as for the hub thank you again its hard to cut thru all the info out there ..its nice getting direct answers