How to keep Sprocket Adapter from rotating?

GoldenMotor.com

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
if you removed the brake guts, you could probably drill straight through the adapter and hub, sticka bolt in it. but then you have to figure out some different brakes. just an idea.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
On any of the hub adapters out there, all you really have to do is put a 'cheater bar' on the hex key & torque the heck out of the main bolts & it won't ever move! ;)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd like to ask the guy who made that video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL28G...7&feature=plcp if he uses a kill switch to stop his engine...or does he use the clutch. What is his riding style? High RPM clutch drops? No pedal starts?

If he's breaking spokes as big as those shown, something is wrong besides his adapter. He hasn't installed it correctly or it wasn't sized right for the hub diameter.

These self appointed YouTube experts are responsible for more misinformation regarding this hobby than anything else. Give someone a camera and they are suddenly an 'expert'. The problem is people see it and believe it.

Tom

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
the guy in the video has all kinds of homemade motorized bikes. and some other really cool stuff. im surprized hes not on this forum. def. check out his youtube channel. must see for all gear heads and DIY guys. the dude even has a rocket motor on a bicycle!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I checked out the video and all I can say is, "THANK YOU." Here is what my spokes look like after a couple of years of using that rag joint....Dan
HUh? We are talking about Hub Adapters here and not rag joints.

A properly installed and correctly sized hub adapter does NOT slip.
Thousands of them have been installed on motorized bikes.

None of the hub adapters need a key way added to your hub!
You have to be pretty mechanically challenged to screw up on
installing one! :D

Last edited:

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
It shouldn't rotate at all, unless it's the wrong size for your hub. As long as its torqued down properly, I've never had mine move even a bit.