Throttle Stuck

GoldenMotor.com

CompuTerGuY

Oct 10, 2011
Wa
I have a GT5 66cc skyhawk. The cable is not ceased but the throttle cable coming out of the carb is stuck. Advice?

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
What kind of carby on that engine?

If it's the NT, then the intake clamp might be too tight, distorting the body of the carb, and causing the slide to stick in the bore.

double trouble

Oct 10, 2011
Motor City
I have the same problem with one of my engines. In my case the slide in the carb got scratched and it sticks . Pull the slide out and clean it. Then lube it with tri-flow or similar teflon lubricant.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
The only time my throttle would not pull was when I inserted a thick o ring above the carb slid making it impossible to pull. Check Where you scree the top of the carb and make sure the slide is good.

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
loosen the clamp on the intake. Then try working the throttle. If it frees up you will need a new intake. buy a machined intake and your problems are over. Don't buy another stock intake.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I have seen carbs that the top cap was tightened with pliers, distorting the barrel to where the throttle would stick when opened. Never tighten the top cap with tools.
You can take the barrel out, then stick it back in and twist it in as much as you can, then pull it out and you will see a shiny spot or spots in the barrel from the fricton . I fix them by scraping the shiny spots in the barrel with a penknife, repeatedly, until it slides without resistance.