Jet sizes for the S6S carb??

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Does anyone know the stock jet sizes for the carb on the Morini S6S?
Does anyone have advice for jetting at sea level?
I still can't get this thing to run right! It will start up, but when I give it gas it starts to bog down... Ive tried all different jet sizes & now I want to bring it back to stock & start over. :(

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Hey Norm if its bogging right off Idle thats the idle jet adjustment or idle jet size and the main jet is related indirectly into this equitation. If it is way out of kelter the main jet will definitely effect it. I can't remember my self I have already changed the carby on my newest motor. Sorry I cannot help I am not at see level I am 6000 foot away. Finicky bugger I feel your pain man:(

I think it was a 90 or '''92''' main jet Mebbe at second needle notch? 50 pilot a W9 needle with a 262 AU atomizer and a 60 choke jet . I slept since then but I think thats how mine came? Try the pilot screw mebbe? If my pilot jet was wrong it would reek havoc! Boggy as heck or flat out gurgling. It was a fine line for me.

This would be my 6000 foot tuning of course but ''the way the thread is titled'' it might help someone else dunno?

Took me all Damn summer and I was relentless about getting mine. Got a 21 mm carby with a 258 AU atomizer W7 needle third notch. 48 pilot 1 and 1/4 out on my screw. Can't remember what size but I put a leaner choke jet too. prolly a 50 pretty sure. Last with a hour glass drilled main pilot somewhere around 97 dunno no way to truly measure it I used a smaller bit and kept going bigger from a 88 . I had a previous 94 I made bigger and went too big.

I wobbled the jet in my hand tediously against a straight as a whistle turning drill bit that was too small. It was a desperate attempt that turned out to be a happy discovery lol. As I was running out of main jets to play with. I had a fit that night and ordered every jet I will ever need and have not used them. The darn thing works! I ''really'' think it atomizes better!! ;)

This got me to as low as a 8 mile an hour crawl feathering a clutch stack of ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) ( / / in parking lots without any kind of four stroking after the motor is warmed up and gone a couple hundred feet. This is only when the motor has been sitting over night.

I always warmed my motor up to 124 degrees F before I rode when it sat long enough...

When I wanna I hit the throttle and man I am gone! I tuned for the best all around crusabillity and brutal power. Gearing max speed is 40 miles per hour..

I would run for me here on a 19mm carb the same needle as the 21mm and all the guts except a smaller main jet.

In the end when I was fine tuning and dividing frog hairs I found adjusting my pilot jet took me a couple of days to do. Why?? I would always favor going rich and eventually it would fog the plug ''fowl''. This was interesting for me as sometimes I was plain ol beating the bike and not cruising it so it would sometimes blow it self out clean per say.

This was the part that drove me freak-en nuts all summer switching parts out etc. The atomizer size and the needle was the only time I ever got o n the map with this thing. It flawless now.. With only a big ol honking foam racing air filter. Virtually no air restriction at all if any..

I got's no gurgling no transitional spots smooth throttle through and through from idle to full throttle. My idle is around 2000 rpm's. I got absolutely no vacuum leaks and every time I tried for any lower of idle it messed up dynamics for me. May just be the altitude here? I am perfectly happy with it. I can idle for a long time now and not fog my plug.

For me if not on a hill full throttle will four stroke a bit but not on a hill. In better words just off full throttle on a straight away gives me max speed as per say as full throttle on a hill. Same ''exact max speed achieved''

NOTE this is fall weather now I might have something different in July? Kinda doubt much tho just mebbe the main jet is all if any thing. Gotta report back next summer lol.:p

Oh and last I am running at 50 to 1 high octane pump fuel. A cocktail of Amsoil Dominator mostly and a small tiny bit a hint of Opti.. I go 70/1 in my measuring beaker then top of with opti to tune of 50/1. Got a whole case of Dominator here and thought mebbe it would be cool to get the said advertised? friction modifiers of Opti into the equitation..

The oiling I use effects jetting too.. lol Ive never cleaned my spark plug and I use a NGK B10EGV with a Direct Hit at about 30 tho gap...

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks Goat for all the info & the phone calls... It's good to know someone with so much useful info on these temperamental little engines.
After changing the jets in every size & getting nothing; I did a ton of reading (& listening) & now I'm going in a new direction... I'm gonna try & new NGK plug & full synth oil mixed at 50:1... I'll post results this week.

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's the update... The new NGK B10-EGV plug & full synth oil did the trick!!
I guess these engines just don't like standard 2-cycle oil & a slightly wrong plug. :/

It turns out that all my tuning with the jets was almost dead on, because with the new plug & oil the bike is tuned almost perfect! The bike now easily pulls wheelies down the street!! (seriously) (^)

hondabicycle

Aug 14, 2011
Greeley, CO
Hey Goat Hearder!

Maybe you can help me out. Im only on a Honda GXH50 and I have a beach cruiser with a solid axle.
The other day I bent my axle. With all that horse power you must be knowing something about a superiour axle.
Help me out here please?.duh.
Thanks either way!