a new idea

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Okay I steal then adapt a lot of ideas. I went looking for a chain link fence stretch bar for a clutch lift lever. I was in the car on the way home when I looked at the price for it. It is like over three feet long and cost about three bucks or less. This thing is about half an inch wide and maybe 3/32 thick. It is rigid in short lengths or on its side.

Here is what I foresee as uses for this thing. I have been buying mending strips to brace up motor mounts and to make scissor hinges. Just one of these bars will replace at least 20 dollars worth of those mending strips and I can custom size them as well.

In my case the cutting isn't even an issue. I have a set of bolt cutters that will score it easily. Then it is just a matter of popping it off to the length I want. Yes I will have to drill holes in it, but I don't think that will be much of an issue. I usually have to "adjust" the precut holes anyway.

Just a little idea I thought I would pass along.

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
They come in 2 sizes of width and thickness, and are in lengths of 4', 6', 8', for fence heights. Fairly easy to cut down. Really good for most any type of function. A brass pivot bushing will help ease the drag for your scissor use.

Maximo

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Sounds like the ideal brace material. That and the precut channel should be about all you need, I think.

thanks I will look for a wider one, longer would probably not fit in my wife's Hyundai. Well one other big time brace for the henge to bike frame connector.

For the same money, you could put a lot more braces on the mount. Probably enough to weigh down the bike. lol

Last edited: