Standy exhaust ???

GoldenMotor.com

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
Fellas
Bit of a dumb question but beign a newbie I'm sure i'll be put straight.. I unbolted the tip of my standard exhaust today {49cc} to give it a wipe out dripping a lot of oil out {due to running 16:1 as said in the engine instructions but after bring on here i now run at 32:1} anyhow I decided to go for a ride with no tip YES its noisy but the bike went a lot better ..

Arr the stock muffler quite restrictive & is there any harm running it without the tip fitted apart from to my ears .. Over here in New Zealand we dont have the issue of noise level & the law to much...

Cheers

PS I did a search but could'nt find my answers so if this has been already discussed my bad!!!!!

Last edited:

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
Here's my take on it:

If taking the end of your pipe off is making it run better, than your carb isn't tuned right. It may need a different jetting. You will get the most power if you tune to the pipe. I tuned mine to my stock exhaust, and if I ride without the end-cap it runs very poorly. Of course, if you really want the power, get a tuned pipe instead of the little stock poo-poo pipe. Either way, a rejet is probably in order.