Subaru EH035: Remote tank?

GoldenMotor.com

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
Just ordered a FD kit with the Subaru EH035. Is it possible to remove the stock tank and replace it with a larger tank, perhaps a teardrop type tank mounted to the top tube? I'm thinking this would move some of the weight off the rear wheel and give me a larger tank in the process. Do-able? Anyone try something like this?

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Just ordered a FD kit with the Subaru EH035. Is it possible to remove the stock tank and replace it with a larger tank, perhaps a teardrop type tank mounted to the top tube? I'm thinking this would move some of the weight off the rear wheel and give me a larger tank in the process. Do-able? Anyone try something like this?
Hi,

Congrats on your Staton FD purchase btw!

Staton Sells a 96oz tank, and solves the extra gas issue only.

If it make sense for you, hopefully you can save a buck or two on shipping if your FD kit is not mailed yet.

Here ya go:

Fuel Tank Gas Tank 96 oz - 2.84 Liter: Staton Inc

:)

thudpucker

May 29, 2009
North Central AL.
About these Extra large tanks????
How far would a 1 gallon tank take a bike/240 lb rider on flat ground?
That sounds like an Mpg question but there may be more to it than I know about.
Normally you'd hit a station every couple of miles. So all you'd need is enough to go Four miles or so.

Out on the freeway? Are these things legal on the Freeway?

gobigkahuna

Apr 25, 2011
E NC
Huh, you're right. It has a return pipe in addition to the fuel line. My original idea was to remove the stock tank and replace it with a larger, forward mounted tank. But now I see that I'd need to run two hoses (fuel and return). Oh well, back to the drawing board...

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Yeah, you can just add an aux tank to the existing fuel system if you want.
OTOH, I get 30 miles out of the factory tank local use and carry a 30 oz. MSR bottle for longer rides.

Last edited: