newbiee with carburetor question.

GoldenMotor.com

jackthe

May 16, 2011
here
I was just given a grubee 48cc kit as a gift. Can someone please tell me where these 2 pink lines from the carburetor go? The small line is crimped. Does it stay crimped? Im clueless. thanks for your help.

Jack.

Attachments

jackthe

May 16, 2011
here
after looking at it for a while Im thinking they are vacuum ports and probably can just be plugged. can anyone confirm?

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
That looks like the CNS V1.0 carb. From what I've managed to gather, the tube on the left is a vent tube, the tube on the right should be a 'choke circuit' which enriches the fuel mix for easy starts. I'm not super familliar with these carbs, so someone else may be able to help you out better.

brentemmons

Mar 28, 2011
Danbury N.H
Is the fuel inlet barb broken off?It looks like it in the picture,also I just installed one of these and the fuel feed line runs out the front of the carb very close to the cylinder.I have a short bilet intake (large billet intake,does away with the spacer well worth it)so the line wanted to kink because of the angle I had to have it,I used a spring inside the fuel line to keep it from kinking ,spring also works on the outside as well just what I had kicking around.I removed all of the extra lines and plugged the hole in the air filter mine runs great,nice carb.I hope this will helps ,Oh ya got the intake from pirate cycles

.wee.

jackthe

May 16, 2011
here
No the fuel barb was not "broken" but somehow came out and was laying in the box when I received it. I have since carefully loc-tited back into place. (gotta love the quality control) Good Idea on the spring on the fuel line. I haven't gotten that far on my build to install the carb and tank. I am in the middle of fabbing a rear engine mount right now. Thinking about ordering an NT carb off of ebay just in case this carb is crap, but I will try it out and see how it runs before i do. (got to at least try it)
I will look at pirate cycles website. thx for the tip.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Technically, it's not an NT carb. Though it's styled after one, NT is the manufacturing company. The only marking is chinese and what looks like a 10 where the NT brand would be.

jackthe

May 16, 2011
here
If you are going to get an NT carb on ebay i recommend buying one from this person.

Carburetor 80cc Engine Motorized Bicycle Bike Carb | eBay

I just purchased one from this seller and recieved it in one buisness day im very satisfied.
thanks for the ebay link. I will look at it. Im going to try and get the cns carb to work first. Who knows, maybe it will work out great for me. Should have every thing put together this week. So I will know soon enough :)

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
I just received my kit with the CNS Carburetor and there was a piece of crud in the pilot jet so if your motor doesnt idle you are going to have to clean the Carburetor. I also had to set the float level in the CNS carburetor but im happy with my the trouble free NT Carburetor that i got from that seller.