Well, had my first wipeout today...

GoldenMotor.com

justcruising

Mar 9, 2011
ontario canada
Was driving to work, and there was a bit of an icey patch that i was going around to avoid, and sure enough as i was approaching a non-busy intersection my brake line completely gave out. Luckily no cars were around me at the time.

The little ball on the end of the cable had ripped off as i pulled the brake lever, throttle went crazy (i guess because i tried to maintain balance or something) and landed right on my behind. Dented the gascan a bit but nothing looks out of the ordinary. Definately check your brakes often, because it can come down to life or death(for real).

While I have never had the brakes completly fail on me, I did have an issue similiar to yours. Riding a non-motorized bike on a steep hill one day my brakes came loose and I had almost no braking power. Only thing that saved me was a stupid trick that I used to use as a kid.

I jammed my boot between the tire and frame and used my shoe as a brake. It put me into a semi controlled skid, but it was better than nothing.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i only wiped out once so far.. it was night time and i was holding a flashlight to see. i was going around a bend and just taped my back break. there was a lot of wet leaves on the ground and my tier slipped. i put it down as smooth as i could, and took most of the damage.lol i got road rash down my left side and my finger got smashed.

in your case your not to blame.. in mine, i can say i was being stupid.. but i now ride safer, and hope your first wipe out will be your last. good luck and safe riding:)