Couldn't stand it no' mo'!

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I keep thinking about the two bikes I built and sold, and how the TAS Spitz in my avatar is slooooow but reliable (ie boring).

Soooo I am getting the garage projects out of the way in the next couple of weeks and then I'm going to-

1.) rebuild a bike I built/sold/got back.
2.) Get another kit and build another bike.
3.) Sell one of the two and also the one in my avatar.
4.) Ride baby!

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have been thinking about building one for sale myself. Problem is my wife will have a fit. My little squat design gets an awful lot of attention around here. I would love to find a cheap little twenty four inch men's coaster bike to work with. I like the two stroke engines. Mostly because they are simple and inexpensive. Not to mention I have all of you to help me out.

But Joe tell me how you got one back. Did the buyer screw it up and raise the devil, or did you buy it back to keep.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well....I built it, then rode it.

I kept getting offers and finally when I had the second one done, I sold it. The guy rode it, but wasn't much on maintenance or care and he ended up breaking the frame despite my warnings about where to ride and where not to ride. He also had more flats in a month than I have had in 40 years of biking.

Anyhow, he left it here for me to work on and lost interest, then instead of paying to get it fixed, decided to give it to me.

Sorta just said "Oh, a lot of people spend that much at the bar in a month so it's just money."

It's an older 67cc bushed wrist pin engine and it does have about 700 miles on it that I can figure, but it will still run fine on another bike.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Why would the Mrs. have a fit? Just tell her it's a "money making hobby".

You don't have to tell her who is making money on it. ;^)

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I talked to her tonight... she told me i can build all i want as long as they will all fit in my garage. I have three there now, Not much room since my garage has a real ceiling. I might start looking for a theme bike. I think I will keep the sissy though. It has no real value unless I take it apart and clean then paint it correctly. Wheels have so much rust, I would have to do like your olive drab one and paint the wheels. I'll have to give that some thought.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
You can always coat the wheels with "Extend" and then paint em up....that's what I did since that bike started out as an orphaned 1970's Ross Europa.