great quiet exhaust plans..

GoldenMotor.com

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
anyone that has knowledge in these exhausts please tell me.. i need t o know how far the air gets sucked back into the motor.. i am going to build a water or oil exhaust system. will be extremly quiet.. i am going to do it anyways just want help and ideas...

Waterlock

The dB Snorkel

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...f#/c95187af/54
best one. why a wet exhaust works for two stroke boats...

Exhaust wrap
quiet the outside of it..

3M - Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing: Grill Scrubbers : Scotch-Brite? Scotchbrick? Griddle Scrubber-ANI Safety - Safety Products, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Fall Protection, Janitorial Products
can be used as a baffle cuz it does not burn until like 1200 degrees..

http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/ind...howtopic=15950

if that is not enough to peak your intrests then i dont know what is.... help guys so we can all ride much more quiet.. reduce noise up to 70 or eighty percent with this stuff...
r.ly.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Very cool thanks for sharing. I am a little curious to here what folks feed back will be on the snorkel?

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
just so you know.. i now found this.. a epoxy well cement we all could use.. i am going to try it and tell you how i make out. i need to know how far back to set the water tank i guess so it will not get sucked back into the motor.. all of you guys that make expansion chambers should be able to help me.. this is for the better benefit of us all.. anyone with a long exhaust already just stick a long rubber hose to it in a five gallon bucket and see the difference.. obviously that is too much water but either way...

Rutland Fire Clay Company - Stove, Chimney, Fireplace maintenance and Hearth Repair Products.

Heat resistant mortar - Fireplaces Forum - GardenWeb

maybe this stuff would work and possiable could build a thin nice exhaust pipe..lol...

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
andy i am so glad you checked up and are still on that kick..lmao...there is a small car muffler that is only six inches by twelve inches.. which could fit in a basket over top the tire to hide it.. but i am going to try and build a wet box once i get a new jug.. i broke my muffler mounts off.. but rigged it so i can still ride it.. i will have to post pics in the morning..found the temps of our bikes exhausts.. gotta do another test though...it did not run for long then...

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
anyone that has knowledge in these exhausts please tell me.. i need t o know how far the air gets sucked back into the motor.. i am going to build a water or oil exhaust system. will be extremly quiet.. i am going to do it anyways just want help and ideas...

Waterlock

The dB Snorkel

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...f#/c95187af/54
best one. why a wet exhaust works for two stroke boats...

Exhaust wrap
quiet the outside of it..

3M - Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing: Grill Scrubbers : Scotch-Brite? Scotchbrick? Griddle Scrubber-ANI Safety - Safety Products, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Fall Protection, Janitorial Products
can be used as a baffle cuz it does not burn until like 1200 degrees..

http://www.cruiserlog.com/forums/ind...howtopic=15950

if that is not enough to peak your intrests then i dont know what is.... help guys so we can all ride much more quiet.. reduce noise up to 70 or eighty percent with this stuff...
r.ly.
If you look for marine silencers and boat mufflers you will see that they incorperate an inward opening valve at a higher point from the water muffler that is closed when the motor is producing exhaust pressure and opens to let air in when you back off the gas causing negitive pressure, so that the water doesn't go back up the exhaust,at least that is what the diagrams look like today as I was searching
xct2

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
thanks cogi.. but if it is far enough away then it would not have the chance of going all the way back up to the motor right? and it would also have to be placed really low somewhere cuz it can not be higher then it.. gotta think about going down hills though..my old tube exhaust was a water one and i could sneak up on people from like ten feet away but i gotta figure out how to quiet the intake .. and maybe make a dyna mat open cover around the motor.. i dont care about looks.. i just want to figure out how to make it quiet as possiable..
MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum - thine82's Album: check out the bikes i have built .. A RIDING PACK.. - Picture
look through that album .. if i had a better way to connect it to the muffler then it would work out great.. but the welds and stuff always broke off.. i will explain it more if anyone wants to know about it.. going to toy with that system again.. i liked how it worked alot.. and never got water in my motor... but it was not enough i think or needed to add a silencer to it before or after it came out the tube...?

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
1 way valve at Lowe's or depo ,lots of sizes ,T'ed off a high point (top of the wheel w/an elbo so that it can be angle adjusted for exhaust pressure,some of the boat diagrams looked to be 8' on up but they are V-8 w/lot more pressure

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
You would T off the side of the exhaust at a high point ,use an elbo to turn it in a rearward position and clamp it so you could aim the open end down which would use the weight of the 1 way door inside for adjusting(for the door to apply different amounts of weight from its angle downward)a simple 1-way valve with the inlet side open ,to open when negitive pressure is created w/a closed throutle

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
well the system i have on there finally is quiet.. found that i can use a peice of soft copper tubing connected to a small vaccum rubber hose that equals one foot extra length and it makes it quiet.. not sure if it is thats whats making it bog but i will find out.. might have to adjust my carb now..or try riding it while it is off.. and seeing the difference.. will post vids soon..

pinjas

Nov 27, 2010
St. paul, MN
I saw that car muffler picture and my interest peaked. Is there any literature on what lowers the volume on a small motor? I've done some googling with little success. Seems some suggest longer tubes, I guess I don't understand the science behind it all. I'd like to know, what works best? Less noise is good. usflg

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
my bike is much quieter now.. but i have a homemade exhaust from front to back cuz i accidently ripped mine of the engine jug.. i like it the way it is but i am still going to build the wetlockz box system for it... trying to find a place to order the cheapest parts or a whole motor just to replace mine.. i will have to post a video on youtube very soon..

Last edited: