Exhaust muffler

GoldenMotor.com

shanky

Nov 7, 2010
India
If I put an additional exhaust muffler, what effect will it have on the engine performance and lifespan?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum shanky..

I am not sure if it would hurt the lifespan of the motor but it sure would lower the performance of the motor.

shanky

Nov 7, 2010
India
But if the exhaust manifold is the same, and only the muffler pipe is bifurcated for 2 mufflers, why should it have any effect on the cylinder or the valves?

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
um i dont know the answer to this but i have to say this there are no valves there are transfer ports

but it seems to me if the main manifold was the same size as the two mufflers combined there would be no loss in power i know ive seen one here before it looked cool like a motorcycle pipe one was a little father back and lower then the other

not sure about the power loss or increase but you can only get that motor so quiet your still gonna hear the engine itself

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Hi,Shanky.Welcome.Nothing ventured nothing gained!
You need a certain amount of back pressure in order for these motors to run right.
I have a modified stock exhaust on my bike!I cut the muffler off the head pipe about 1" from the weld on the muffler and weld on a 3/4" black pipe nipple then I add a 16" stainless steel flex pipe and then I weld a 3/4" black pipe nipple onto the muffler and put the whole thing together and it works great!No power loss,
Tried it both ways.Runs much smoother than stock exhaust,by far!!
So in my opinion! If you feel skilled enough to pull it off go for it.Just make sure you have some back-pressure.No one is going to be able to tell you how much or how little back-pressure is best.
If they can I'm sure someone will jump in and explain,I haven't seen it yet!Good-Luck.Kip.
[email protected]

FlyingSchwinn

Oct 5, 2010
Oregon
you are still going to hear the reduction gears no matter how much muffler you have. It is very Chinese to have dry gears turning at 7k rpm, its crazy it works.

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
does anyone know where i can get an exhaust for 80cc china, uk distributor would be good...?

i seem to have lost my baffele.......:/

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
An extra muffler will probably add a little extra restriction to the exhaust system which will cut down on performance, mainly on the top end. Shouldn't have much of any effect on longevity.