gas/electric bike

GoldenMotor.com

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
An electric hub motor would work better.
You might want to post your question about mounting the Curry motor on the front
on endless-sphere.com. That is where the Curry experts post.

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I have messed around with E bikes for quite a while before going gas. I did have a Wilderness Energy hub motor in my Schwinn Jag. I pulled it due to reliability problems. I have an EGO bike that is very nice but broken right now. If you were to add e power you would be adding 30 to 40 pounds to an already over weight bike. The gas motor adds about 20 pounds the e motor adds 30 so add 50 to your bike weight and its too much.

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
I do ped. as a matter of fact but more than that I put the bike on my porch, in my truck, in the shop. I have to pick it up sometimes. I don't like moving around a 100 pound bike. The effect on handeling is an important consideration. Light weight = horse power

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
the motor may need additional plate added to the fork to keep the motor ridged(not twist up/down under power)I have faith in you,and sounds like a great idea

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I think having pedals as an emergency back-up when both systems on your gas/electric hybred might fail,(lord forbid)is a much better Idea that the hybred cars comming out that you have to push in the same situation
lol