Worksman Cycles

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Well my chain tensioner got sucked into the wheel on my huffy so I intended on getting new front and rear HD rims. Randomly looking at Craigslist I came across a worksman cycles cruiser for under the price of buying new wheels. Right when I saw it I knew it had 12g spokes and double wall rims and the frame is so thick and heavy along with the wheels so I called the guy, checked it out and took it home.

Finally got some time to work on it and add a few things to give it its look.

Im building this one right and am gonna take my time to make her problem free

What do you guys think so far?

sorry for the bad pics

Attachments

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Worksman wheels are actually single wall and 11g. (.120) spokes.;) but they're stronger than any double wall out there...

nice find. did you buy it set up with the seat and bars that high or are you 10 feet tall?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Your pictures are fine. You have the foundation for a great build, so yes, take your time with it. The Worksman wheels are awesome for sure and the frame is well made and good looking. The only downside is fitting an engine in an unmodified frame. It can be done, but there's little wiggle room. I'm in the middle of a build with the same frame as yours and found that I needed an offset intake manifold from Spooky Tooth so the throttle cable would miss the frame. Sportscarpat's builds are the benchmark here in an unmodified frame. Worth checking out. Good luck to you!
SB

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Baird, thats what I ment to say:) and thats how I bought the bike. Its funny because I was taller that the guy and I was on my toes when pedaling. The rims do look like they are double walled, I have never seem anything thicker.

Thanks SB, Im gonna need it.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Got the fender where I want it and drilled and bent the reflector the was originally behind my seat to fit on the axle.

Im going to hopefully get a chain tensioner welded up and come up with someway to mount the motor. Then im gonna get everything powder coated black. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Cool (^)

I saw a guy 2day on a 4-stroke going North on Oracle & Rudasill. For a minute I thought it was AZBill looked just like him. I wanted to pull over and stop but I was hauling my uncles grator at the time.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Cool (^)

I saw a guy 2day on a 4-stroke going North on Oracle & Rudasill. For a minute I thought it was AZBill looked just like him. I wanted to pull over and stop but I was hauling my uncles grator at the time.
Haha thats funny, There are a few people around my area that have MAB, Ive talked to a few as well. When I get my bike running dave We should hit the track one sunday.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
When I get my bike running dave We should hit the track one sunday.
My rear wheel is ummm..well kinda out of round right now. I am afraid that it might Taco on me and the last time that happened I had to carry a inflatable donut with me just to sit down. Things are very tight right now and I don't see it being fixed for a long time. I dont have any bikes running right now, they all need parts that I just cant do right now.

But the Blue Fox (Alex) is always up for some track time, if you want to go let me know and I will head out there with ya if just only to watch.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Thanks guys, It sucks because my only free time now is on the weekends so Im gonna have to take this one slow.

Dave when I get her done and tuned in Im always down to go riding, anywhere, just about anytime during the weekend. What are some parts you need, I have a few things lying around that I can give you if needed. Let me know, I want to return the favor anyway I can because your videos inspired me to ride these things. Thanks man.
Hope you get your bike fixed sooon.

Worksmanfl:
Im putting my Grubbe skyhawk in her, that is a beast. Just got a puch head on it and fits perfect, a lil fabrication to get the squish band where you want it tho. Luckly I have someone in town that knows their **** when it comes too these motors.

Im waiting for Pirate cycles to get their new sprocket adapters that fit the 11g worksman wheel, if there not in by this weekend im just going to buy a new rear wheel. maybe a 24"

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
cams i have done a few worksmans, Are you going 2 stroke? i just weld a flat stock motor mount for the frt and it works awesome. could you get some1 to weld it for you?