few four stroke questions...

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jesse,

I too am a "buckeye" and spent my youth in Dayton, and have been to Parma many times. If I remember correctly Wiseco pistons is near Parma.

Sadly you may have your facts or prices confused.

The last time I heard the Firebelly kit was NOT including the MOTOR for $440.00.
http://motorbicycling.com/f23/whisperdrive-ready-production-16970.html

If you read the ad from the dealer in PA again you will see he sells them for less and includes shipping.

The current MSRP of the COMPLETE EZM kit with the more expensive HS motor is $599.00.

If I remember correctly the Firebelly kit also was without the gas tank [included in the EZM kit].

$599.00 minus the motor would be less than the Firebelly kit of $440.00, as I am sure most EZM dealers would supply the COMPLETE kit minus the motor for $400.00.

If you can buy a COMPLETE 4-stroke kit with motor, gas tank, exhaust pipe, and American made drive for $440.00 I suggest you buy it because it is a fantastic price.

Even if it doesn’t include the motor and gas tank I still think you should buy the kit from Evan and not worry about the battle between Pepsi & Coke.

I am happy that others are trying to make parts, because we can't possibly keep up with the demand.

BTW the Firebelly drive isn’t exactly the same as the Q-Matic, as we support the clutch from both sides with large bearings to dampen vibration, support the clutch in metal bearing brackets, the ratios can be changed via belt options, special HD wedge belt, spring loaded high speed bearing internal idler system, and our cover protects the rider from the spinning HOT clutch. I even think the Q-Matic is thinner.

I still think you should buy the Firebelly drive as I think you are convinced it is best for you.

Hope this information is correct, and Keep us posted on your new build.

Have fun,

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Wiseco Piston has been in Mentor since Hector was a pup, I know, I used to go get my stuff direct, and knew several people who worked there.
Now having said that, I will say this....

"Say goodnight Gracie..."

Status
Not open for further replies.