which brake?

GoldenMotor.com

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
Hello all , I have been browsing this forum for about a week now and have gotten alot of info I would have never known without you guys here. I will be buying a 2 stroke 66cc for my cruiser I just fixed back up. It only has a coaster brake but I would feel alot safer knowing I had a front just incase. So for my 1st and not last question :) what are good brakes/brands to get for the front. It has a hole already so I know the easiest option would be side pull brakes. thanks ... Nate

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
Thanks for the link. Anyone else have any brakes they recommend? Just want to hear more options before I buy. I dont think anyone can beat 10 bucks though

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
You may need the same break set as "cabin fever" mentioned, but I buy the same thing in cruser style, not BMX, Break handle is longer and caliper wider for fenders.

shearbf

May 8, 2009
Muskegon,MI USA
This is just a mid quality Taiwan brake set for crusers from my local Bike Shop guy.
Complete set under $20. I will make two cruser front brakes with the set.
The old crusers require an EL shaped bracket to mount a front breake caliper. This I just make.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
The brake set i bought fits my cruiser bike just fine and i have fenders.
They were cheap and work great. They stop excellant at 32mph. They have great springback and do not rub my wheel.

Last edited:

N8dogg

Apr 25, 2010
san diego
The brake set i bought fits my cruiser bike just fine and i have fenders.
They were cheap and work great. They stop excellant at 32mph. They have great springback and do not rub my wheel.
Thanks. I am about to order a front. Probably one for the back too since they are so cheap dance1