New guy here with a couple questions

GoldenMotor.com

VIP

Mar 30, 2010
maineville ohio
Pete from Southern Ohio here.

It looks like many of these kits are the same kits sold by different vendors.
Some claim better parts than another but they look the same on the surface.

Is there a kit with a 4 cycle pull to start motor that fits like the Whizzer??

I am looking at the Spooky Tooth 2 cycle kits...!!!!
Any suggestion about a vendor with value added benefit would be appreciated.

I have an Electra Townie 3 speed bike.
The right hand grip is also the gear selelctor. Looks like the grip itself is seperate from the gear selector mechanism.

Does not look like that will be an issue.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Sooky Tooth has a belt drive that is 4 stroke. Them engines are a clone to honda,and are supose to just as good. And that new belt drive has to be smoth and quiet. bout as close to a Wizzer as you can get for a 4 stroke
With your three speed you gould use a jack shaft and get a shift kit pedal set up.
Check out all the sponsors here on this web page. All good

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If you are buying a 2-cycle kit, I advise that you stay away from the pull starts! (they're notorious for breaking)

It's true that some kits have better parts than others, I haven't sold other brands in quite a while so I don't know how the parts are in them these days, but I'm very happy with the parts that are in the 'RAW' engine kits. (thats why I choose to sell them)

As for the right hand grip shifter on your bike; Just move it to the left side of the handle bars! (it'll work perfect!) ;)

VIP

Mar 30, 2010
maineville ohio
Thanks for the info.
I bought a Cranbrook and have a kit on the way.

I would like to find a different safe gas tank arrangement, possibly behind the seat.

I will wait till I get it working and then look into different Gas Tank arrangements..