runnaway bike!

GoldenMotor.com

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well i was out on my bike, all was well until i let of the gas and it didnt slow down! i hit the kill switch and nothing! the spring on the carburetor broke off, and the wire for my kill switch had come undone(its like someone wanted me dead!) so i jammed my only brakes on(the front) and did like a stoppie with the back tire in the air until i stopped, then i jumped off quick and held the back tire in the air and pulled the spark plug cap off, darn that gets the blood flowing! so thats it for this carb anyways, it only ran on half choke anyways, im taking it back to motorboys and trading it in for a new carb(which will cost 30 bucks btw) whatever, im getting another kit for my dad anyways, just thought i would share with you,

Last edited:

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
Choke it to death - literally :D

Common practice on smaller piston-engine airplanes BTW ;)
you would assume right? well my engines carb is messed so it only runs on half choke, and full choke doesnt affect it at all! it makes the engine bog in the low rpms, but when its screaming the choke does nothing,

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
You got an air leak if full choke don't kill the engine...I did too found it by spraying carb cleaner on outside of base of carb not into air filter.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
You got an air leak if full choke don't kill the engine...I did too found it by spraying carb cleaner on outside of base of carb not into air filter.
good thing its a 4 stroke! an air leak on my 2 killed it!

i will look, there are so many possible places for it to be, im getting a new carb from my vendor soon, maybe i dont need it? the gaskets all looked ok, and it did this from the get go, so they must have made it wrong in china? is it possible for my carb to be defective still?

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i'm a honda guy too :D
the new cars that have push button starts don't have a key you can turn off the car with.
you have to hold the start button for a few seconds to kill the car.
oh and they didn't have their foot on the gas. the electric throttle got stuck wot.

sorry for going off topic
oh yah sorry il pm ya, im interested about it,