Runs great at 20mph but

GoldenMotor.com

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
My bike runs good at 20mph and starts within 10 feet. All is good till you hit 23mph then the motor acts like it wants to die like starving for air or out of gas. I put a new spark plug and wire in, cleaned the carb. cleaned the air filter, and put all new gaskets on the intake, carb, and exhaust and the problem is still there it wont go away. If you have any ideas please let me know.
:-||

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Does it have a steady staccatto sound or does it cut out and then run O.K.?

The first one is too rich...move the needle clip up a notch. The second condition is from fuel starvation, and that can be caused by any number of things, including inadequate fuel flow, a float that is set too low or a gas cap that is not venting properly.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
see my post:engine not 1oo percent. i stuck a oring between the carb and manifold and now the thing does not leak any air at all, i was having the same problew but i think this will fix it. read the post as there is more info there. frank

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
Thanks frank and Joe I have an o ring on the carb already. Mb monkey was helping me on the chat box and it was a fuel problem... my bike was to lean and the fuel filters were clogged.
runs a lot better know. Thanks for your help guys.

Last edited:

philymitch

Feb 7, 2009
Fresno CA USA
How do you set the float..... all my motor has is a u shaped brass piece held with a pin that has no adjustment. do you have to bend the u shaped brass thing.

theonlyhek

Jul 20, 2008
Treasure Coast, FL
How do you set the float..... all my motor has is a u shaped brass piece held with a pin that has no adjustment. do you have to bend the u shaped brass thing.
I was wondering the same thing..., I cannot seem to find any pictures of the adjustment, before and after. I don't understand, and usually I do?!